Tag Archives: Everett McGill
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1984 film adaptation of “Dune” directed by David Lynch is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in the form of both a Limited Edition 2-Disc set and a 3-Disc SteelBook set on August 31st via Arrow Video.
The film, based on a novel by Frank Herbert, starred Kyle MacLachlan, Virginia Madsen, Francesca Annis, Brad Dourif, Everett McGill, Freddie Jones, Linda Hunt, José Ferrer, Patrick Stewart, Sean Young, Max von Sydow, Alicia Witt, Richard Jordan, and Sting.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray release comes from a new 4K restoration (from the original camera negative). The tech specs for the releases include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with the original uncompressed (PCM) 2.0 Stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition and the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) available for preorder over at Amazon.
The Limited Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook 3-Disc set (pictured above) will include a double-sided foldout poster, with two choices of original theatrical artwork. Meanwhile, the 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition 2-Disc set (pictured below) will include the following physical extras:
- A 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Nette, Christian McCrea and Charlie Brigden
- A Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dániel Taylor
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dániel Taylor
The Limited Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray set will only be 2-Disc with the 4K disc and a Blu-ray bonus disc. The 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook will come as a “dual format” 3-Disc set with both the 4K and Blu-ray Disc (of the film) as well as the Blu-ray bonus disc. The bonus materials set to be included with each version are listed below, after the break.
It turns out, there will be a “Stephen King 5-Movie Collection“ coming to the Blu-ray format on September 15th, via Paramount. This news comes via early retailer alerts. The collection includes the following TV mini-series and feature-length films:
- “The Stand” (1994 TV Mini-Series)
- “Pet Sematary” (1989)
- “Pet Sematary” (2019)
- “Silver Bullet” (1985)
- “The Dead Zone” (1983) [New to Blu-ray]
Yes, that is including one David Cronenberg directed adaptation making its debut to the HD Blu-ray format, that happens to be one of my personal favorites. That said, I am not sure if there will be an individual release of “The Dead Zone” or not. Perhaps it could be exclusive to this set? We shall hopefully soon find out, but so far there’s no sign of it listed anywhere on retailers.
The five movies will all be included on their own individual Blu-ray Discs, making it a 5-disc set. Tech specs for the discs vary from film-to-film but I’ll try to be bringing you a full list of them soon. As for the tech specs on the new to Blu-ray release of “The Dead Zone” I cannot yet speak of those, but I will however be inquiring to a direct Paramount contact next week regarding this release and other topics pertaining to it. For instance, I will also hopefully have some info as to if any bonus materials will be included for The Dead Zone. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon and Best Buy. Finally, one little note, based on the prices (as seen there at those two retailers) you can expect Amazon’s price to drop by a considerable bit, as well as be matched (via their “Pre-order Price Guarantee”). Stay tuned for further details about this upcoming release.
A “Twin Peaks: From Z to A“ box set is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 10th via CBS and Paramount. This set will include the entire TV series from 1990 and the TV series from 2017, as well as the movies “Fire Walk With Me” (1992) and “Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces” (2014). The show, co-created by Mark Frost and David Lynch, starred Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Mädchen Amick, Richard Beymer, Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton, James Marshall, Jack Nance, Joan Chen, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Eric DaRe, Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, and Ray Wise.
This set will be a limited edition run with only 25,000 produced. Tech specs have not yet been fully detailed for the set but stay tuned for a possible update. There will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray disc included in this set that features two episodes restored in 4K, via transfers overseen by David Lynch.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order for the “From Z to A“ Blu-ray box set over at Amazon. There’s going to be some really elaborate packaging for this release which you can have a closer look at HERE and below.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that a “Twin Peaks: The Television Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set will also be released on October 15th (pictured below). UPDATE: That set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the “Twin Peaks: From Z to A” set are listed below.
Newly-Produced Special Features And Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will include over six hours of all-new special features:
- From the extensive behind-the-scenes footage of David Lynch making the A Limited Event Series (shot primarily by Jason S), 20-30 minute (approx.) pieces titled “Behind the Curtain” were edited and are included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A rare newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with longtime David Lynch collaborator Kristine McKenna to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks as well as Fire Walk With Me.
- In a newly-produced featurette, fans can go “On the Couch” with Harry and Kimmy as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories.
- As an additional treat for fans of A Limited Event Series, a compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of The Roadhouse Bar musical performances.
- 4K Ultra HD Upgrades
Highlighting the visual artistry and sound design of two seminal episodes/parts, a special 4K UHD disc will be included that features a new ultra-high def transfer overseen by David Lynch of both versions of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, as well as the “phenomenal” (The New York Times) and “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series.
- TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray Disc set releases of this show.