Tag Archives: Eric Idle
The 1986 animated film “The Transformers: The Movie“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 3rd, via Shout! Factory, in a 35th Anniversary Limited Edition SteelBook. The film, directed by Nelson Shin, featured the voice talents of Peter Cullen, Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Frank Welker, and Orson Welles. The movie has received a new restoration from a new 4K transfer. Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes. The release will also include a Blu-ray of the film in HD, presented in the 1.33:1 full-frame aspect ratio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound mixes.
NOTE: Despite the 4K UHD Blu-ray format being mostly region-free, this release could perhaps be region A locked, it appears. However, it has been stated that there will be both a standard and a SteelBook 4K UHD Blu-ray releases available in both the US and UK this September. Specifically, on September 28th you’ll see those 4K physical versions released to further celebrate the 35th anniversary.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon, as well as directly via Shout! Factory’s store where you will get an 18″x24″ lithograph print if you preorder (while supplies last). The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- NEW Feature-Length Storyboards, including deleted, alternate and extended sequences
- NEW Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, including Stan Bush’s acoustic performances of “The Touch” and “Dare”
- ‘Til All Are One – A comprehensive documentary looking back at THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE with members of the cast and crew, including story consultant Flint Dille, cast members Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, singer/songwriter Stan Bush, composer Vince Dicola and others!
- Audio Commentary with Director Nelson Shin, story consultant Flint Dille and star Susan Blu
- Animated Storyboards
- Trailers and TV Spots
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.
The classic British sketch comedy TV show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus“ will be coming to Blu-ray Disc in the UK (United Kingdom) on October 7th, as revealed today. Distributor Network will be releasing this “Norwegian Blu-ray Edition“ box set, that will be Region Free and play in all countries. The 7-disc box set includes all 45 of the original TV episodes restored and presented in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio (via 1080i HD) with Mono sound. You can now find the Blu-ray box set available to pre-order over at Network‘s website, along with further details about the release (including price). The show, which ran from 1969 through 1974, was created by and starred Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.
Right! Now, HERE you can find a video showing the newly restored video footage in comparison to the original footage. Next, right HERE you can find the final promo video for this release, comprised entirely of newly restored footage. Then, below you’ll get a glimpse at the inside contents of the box set, where you’ll notice it not only has the beautiful plumage (to be expected) but it does, in fact, explode (in a way). There’s even a snazzy book! Don’t just take my word for it though, have yourself a look.
Details about the release itself, as well as the extras and bonus materials set to be included with it are listed below.
- 7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, for the first time totally uncut and beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements.
- Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
- Each of the four series comes individually packaged with a book by Andrew Pixley (four books in total) detailing an exhaustive episode-by-episode production history.
- Previously unseen outtakes
- Extended scenes and sketches
- Restored-to-full-length sketches including Ursula Hitler, Cartoon Religions, A Book At Bedtime and more.
- Rare promo films
- And more to be announced…
Further below, after the break, you can find some details about this video restoration process that the show has received.