Tag Archives: Emily Blunt
Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise on 4K in July
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2014 science fiction film “Edge of Tomorrow“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 5th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Doug Liman, co-written by Christopher McQuarrie, and based on the novel “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, starred Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Brendan Gleeson, and the late Bill Paxton.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range with Dolby Atmos and the original theatrical DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Operation Downfall – Adrenaline Cut
- Storming The Beach
- Weapons Of The Future
- Creatures Not Of This World
- On The Edge With Doug Liman
- Deleted Scenes
It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K physical and digital releases of the film.
Rian Johnson film Looper is coming to 4K in February
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2012 film “Looper“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 15th, 2022 via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, written & directed by Rian Johnson, starred Bruce Willis, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Garret Dillahunt, and Jeff Daniels. It’s also most definitely worth noting that this film, still to this day, is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The film has received a new 4K scan that was “reviewed and approved by the filmmakers” — according to the press release. The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of high dynamic range and a new director-approved Dolby Atmos sound mix, along with the original DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE #1: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release include nothing but the previous Blu-ray extras, listed below.
- Feature Commentary with Director Rian Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt
- Looper: The Future From the Beginning — Making-of Featurette
- 22 Deleted Scenes with Commentary
- Scoring Looper
- The Science of Time Travel Featurette
- Looper Animated Trailer
And, yes, I know this has been previously released on the 4K format in the United Kingdom but this will mark the first time it has been available in North America. UPDATE #2: It should definitely be noted that this upcoming US 4K isn’t even using the same video transfer or the same sound mix found on that UK 4K physical release. In fact, the director [Rian Johnson] just recently went as far as to actually discuss his approval of this upcoming 4K release in a tweet (seen below).
This came out excellent – terrific new atmos mix that subtly enhances the original, and a beautiful new transfer approved by Steve that’s more faithful to the theatrical release. https://t.co/CiyhpomBYi
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) December 7, 2021
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the 4K physical release here in the United States of the film.
Jungle Cruise comes to 4K and Blu-ray in November
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 live-action film adaptation of the popular theme park ride “Jungle Cruise” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th via Disney. The film, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, Veronica Falcón, and Paul Giamatti.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray version will get its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Target. They also are listed over at retailer Best Buy but are not yet functional. Speaking of retailers, both will be getting exclusives for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release. Target will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Art Edition packaging (pictured below) and it is now available for preorder.
Meanwhile, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now listed but not yet available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the chance that this film gets listed on Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film — from last month. If you’re wondering why I’m just now reporting this, it’s because there are finally more details, actual artwork, and of course, there are the retailer exclusives and preorder links or listings now up.
2015 film Sicario gets a 4K SteelBook in June at Best Buy
The 2015 film “Sicario” will be getting a 4K Blu-ray Disc SteelBook exclusively over at retailer Best Buy on June 15th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Denis Villeneuve, starred Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Donovan, Victor Garber, and Daniel Kaluuya. Tech specs for the Blu-ray of the film include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. This release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can now find the 4K Blu-ray Disc Exclusive SteelBook available for preorder over at Best Buy.
Related note: This film will also be getting a Blu-ray SteelBook exclusive to retailer Target on the very same day, June 15th, which you can find more info about over HERE in this news story.
2015 film Sicario gets Target exclusive SteelBook in June
The 2015 film “Sicario” will be getting a Blu-ray Disc SteelBook exclusively over at retailer Target on June 15th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Denis Villeneuve, starred Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Donovan, Victor Garber, and Daniel Kaluuya. Tech specs for the Blu-ray of the film include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. This release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc Exclusive SteelBook available for preorder over at Target. You can find a further glimpse at the artwork for this SteelBook below.
The bonus materials that are included on this Blu-ray are listed below.
- Stepping Into Darkness: The Visual Design of Sicario
- Blunt, Brolin, & Benicio: Portraying The Characters of Sicario
- Battle Zone: The Origins of Sicario
- A Pulse From The Desert: The Score of Sicario
A Quiet Place 4K Mondo X SteelBook in March
– commissions earned –
The 2018 film “A Quiet Place” will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook release on March 10th via Paramount. This re-release is timed with the film’s upcoming 2020 sequel (“A Quiet Place Part II“), releasing theatrically later that month. This film was directed by John Krasinski, who starred in the film, and it co-starred Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, and Cade Woodward. Tech specs will be identical to the previously released 4K UHD Blu-ray with 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook is now available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, identical to the previous 4K release, are listed below.
- Creating the Quiet – Behind the Scenes of A QUIET PLACE
- The Sound of Darkness – Editing Sound for A QUIET PLACE
- A Reason for Silence – The Visual Effects of A QUIET PLACE
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray in the SteelBook designed by Mondo X.
Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” comes to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in March
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.