The original 1977 Dario Argento directed horror film “Suspiria“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 19th via distributor Synapse Films, as their first 4K release. The Italian film starred Jessica Harper, Stefania Casini, Flavio Bucci, Miguel Bosé, and Barbara Magnolfi. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in a 4K restoration with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range. In regards to sound there is a new Dolby Atmos remix as well as the original Italian 5.1, the English mixes in both 4.0 and 5.1 configurations via DTS-HD Master Audio (96kHz).
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon, as well as over at DiabolikDVD. The release will include a Blu-ray Disc which contains bonus materials on the previous Blu-ray release of the film. Those extras set to be included in this release are listed below.
- Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle and Troy Howarth.
- Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie.
- Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA.
- A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema.
- Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi.
- Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots.
- “International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from the U.S. release.
- Alternate all-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching.
- Reversible cover art by Wes Benscoter
Further below, after the break, you can find a bit further details about the release taken from the Amazon description. You also can find the artwork and the reversible artwork as well. Lastly, you can find info about this as originally reported as an exclusive over at Rue-Morgue.
The 1990 film “Two Evil Eyes“ directed by George A. Romero and Dario Argento is getting a “Limited Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Blue Underground. The film featured a cast of Adrienne Barbeau, Harvey Keitel, Martin Balsam, E.G. Marshall, John Amos, and Tom Atkins. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono, and Dolby Digital Mono sound. The new 4K restoration here came from the uncensored original camera negative. The “limited edition” Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this new 3-disc “limited edition” Blu-ray are listed below.
- Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
- Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
- NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
- NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
- NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
- NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
- NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
- NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- Disc 3 (CD):
- TWO EVIL EYES Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with a new essay by Michael Gingold
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.