The 2019 film “Dora and the Lost City of Gold“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 19th via Paramount. The film, directed by James Bobin and based on the Nickelodeon animated TV series (“Dora the Explorer”), stars Isabela Moner, Eugenio Derbez, Eva Longoria, Michael Peña, Jeff Wahlberg, Danny Trejo, and features the voice talent of Benicio Del Toro (as “Swiper”). It’s worth noting that, at time of writing, this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the release have not yet been fully detailed but you can expect 1080p video likely in the 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratio and a lossless surround mix. I’ve asked Paramount for more details and I will update this post if and when I get those. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the DVD counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Bloopers – Take a trip to the wild side with hilarious bloopers of the cast’s funniest on-set mishaps.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – Journey deeper into the jungle to find the “lost” scenes not shown in theaters.
- All About Dora – Discover how Isabela Moner transformed Dora into a jungle-savvy teenage adventurer for a new generation.
- Can You Say Pelicula? – Unlock the mystery of underwater stunts and surviving quicksand with Eugenio Derbez.
- Dora In Flower Vision – Explore the movie’s playful animated sequence, a treasure trove of nods to Dora’s cartoon origins.
- Dora’s Jungle House – The adventure continues with this behind-the-scenes tour of Dora’s jungle house, part museum, part laboratory, and always a place for family.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.
The 2019 Rob Zombie film “3 From Hell” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 15th (just in time for Halloween) via Lionsgate. The film is a sequel to Zombie’s films “House of 1000 Corpses” (2003) and “The Devil’s Rejects” (2005). The cast includes Sheri Moon Zombie, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Emilio Rivera, Danny Trejo, Clint Howard, Richard Brake, Daniel Roebuck, and Dee Wallace. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray releases include 1080p HD in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with the same Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound mix. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film included with each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both available for preorder now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Writer-Director Rob Zombie
- “To Hell and Back: The Making of 3 From Hell” Featurette (4-Part Documentary Available on 4K and Blu-ray Only; Part 1 Available on DVD)
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2018 sequel “Death Race: Beyond Anarchy“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Universal. The sequel, being released direct-to-video, was directed by Don Michael Paul, and stars Zach McGowan, Danny Glover, Fred Koehler, Christine Marzano, as well as Danny Trejo. The Blu-ray will include an UNRATED “& UNHINGED” cut of the film, as the cover and promotional material tout. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This title can already be found to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Inside the Anarchy: Filmmakers and cast describe how this chapter of the Death Race franchise stands out from the rest. From new locations, to a fleet of new cars, to a new star in Zach McGowan, see why Death Race: Beyond Anarchy is the deadliest Death Race yet!
- Time Served: Lists & Goldberg: Hear Death Race franchise veterans Fred Koehler and Danny Trejo discuss what it’s like to be back playing Lists and Goldberg, and how their characters have changed.
- On the Streets of Death Race: Beyond Anarchy: Director Don Michael Paul and cast explain how the stunt work gave the production a uniquely energetic feel.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Don Michael Paul and Star Zach McGowan
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for the release.