The 2018 film “The Mule” directed by and starring Clint Eastwood is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 2nd via Warner, according to early alerts to retailers. The film, inspired by a true story, co-stars Bradley Cooper, Manny Montana, Michael Peña, Taissa Farmiga, Andy Garcia, Laurence Fishburne, Clifton Collins Jr., and Dianne Wiest.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo” pack with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital copy included with each.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Nobody Runs Forever: The Making of The Mule
- Toby Keith “Don’t Let the Old Man In” Music Video
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding the releases of this film.
The 1965 Sergio Leone directed spaghetti western “For A Few Dollars More“ starring Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef has received a new 4K restoration and is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, 2019 via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The tech specs for the release include 1080p video with a variety of lossless restored 2.0 Stereo, the original Mono, and 5.1 surround mixes. The upcoming “Special Edition” Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below, along with details regarding the release.
- BRAND NEW 2018 4K RESTORATION
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
- NEW On location in Almería and Granada with Filmmaker Alex Cox
- Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
- FAFDM: The Christopher Frayling Archives
- A New Standard: Frayling on FAFDM
- Back for More: Clint Eastwood Remembers FAFDM
- Tre Voci: FAFDM
- FAFDM: The Original American Release Version
- Location Comparisons
- NEW TRAILERS FROM HELL with Ernest Dickerson
- NEW Promoting FAFDM: Posters & Lobby Cards
- NEW FAFDM: On the Set
- NEW FAFDM: Color Stills
- NEW FOR A FEW Pictures MORE
- Newly Restored 2.0 Stereo / Original 2.0 Mono / 5.1 Surround
- 12 Radio Spots
- Restored UA Logo
- Double Bill Trailer
- FAFDM Trailer 1
- FAFDM Trailer 2
- A Fistful of Dollars – Trailer
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Trailer
- A Fistful of Dynamite – Trailer
- Death Rides a Horse – Trailer
- The Mercenary – Trailer
The 1968 Western “Hang ‘Em High“ starring Clint Eastwood is getting a “50th Anniversary Edition” release on Blu-ray Disc come December 11th via Shout! Factory on their “Shout Select” label. The film, directed by Ted Post, co-starred Inger Stevens, Ed Begley, Pat Hingle, Bruce Dern, Dennis Hopper, and L.Q. Jones. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed but they have teased they will be announcing them later. UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
It is also available for pre-order directly over at Shout! Factory – where you’ll get it 2 weeks early if you order. Stay tuned for further updates regarding this highly anticipated upcoming release. Let’s hope they give it a new transfer or perhaps restoration.