Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Belfast“ is officially coming to Blu-ray on March 1st via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, written & directed by Kenneth Branagh, stars Caitríona Balfe, Judi Dench, Jamie Dornan, Ciarán Hinds, Colin Morgan, and Jude Hill. It is most certainly worth noting, at the time of writing, this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a Black & White 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound on a BD-50 disc. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials that are set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Alternate Ending featuring Kenneth Branagh – Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
- Deleted Scenes – Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
- A City of Stories: The Making of BELFAST – Go behind the scenes of BELFAST with cast and crew to learn more about the characters, filming location and Kenneth’s childhood in Ireland.
- Everyone’s Inner Child – Kenneth Branagh, Jamie Dornan, Caitríona Balfe, Ciarán Hinds, and Judi Dench reminisce about their childhoods.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Kenneth Branagh
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release(s).
The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. This tells the story of NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, features a supporting cast of Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Christopher Abbott, and Ciarán Hinds.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-100). Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-50). Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a Digital Copy on each. You can pre-order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.