The 2020 film “Freaky” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 9th, 2021, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, a Blumhouse production, directed and co-written by Christopher Landon, stars Vince Vaughn, Kathryn Newton, Celeste O’Connor, Misha Osherovich, Uriah Shelton, Katie Finneran, Emily Holder, Kelly Lamor Wilson, and Alan Ruck. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its DVD counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray is listed as available to preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Lastly, it’s certainly worth noting that at the time of writing this film is currently “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes. The bonus materials set to be included with the release on Blu-ray are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- The Butcher Lends a Hand
- Charlene Hears a Rumor
- Late for the Party
- Split Personalities: Millie vs. The Butcher – Two opposing characters. One killer chemistry! Go behind-the-scenes to see how Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton worked together to bring these two very different characters to life and how they created distinct personal traits for both. This piece will focus on the magnetism between Vaughn and Newton, and how that chemistry raised the stakes for two characters stuck in such a strange situation.
- Crafting the Kills – This feature will take viewers into the “Wood Shop” set to see how all of the various elements and departments come together to create an extraordinary kill that fans will talk about for years to come. We will also discuss the inspiration behind this bilateral bisection, what makes it both fun and horrifying, and how it is different from anything else you have seen in other horror films.
- Christopher Landon’s Brand of Horror – Blending horror and comedy is a difficult task that not many can achieve, but Christopher Landon has proven time and time again that he is uniquely skilled at it. FREAKY is no different. Learn how Christopher’s vision brought new energy to the concept and elevated the story, all while creating a fun and proficient working environment. This behind-the-scenes look at how he weaves humor and gore together will give fans an intimate understanding of why a Christopher Landon film is a genre of its own.
- Final Girl Reframed – The concept of a “Final Girl” is nothing new in the horror genre. However, Millie isn’t your typical Final Girl. We take a closer look at all the ways FREAKY takes your genre expectations and smashes them
- Feature Commentary with Co-writer/Director Christopher Landon
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the official announcement regarding its home video release.