The 2019 film “Men In Black: International” (a.k.a. “MIB International”) is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 3rd via Sony, according to multiple retailers. The film which was directed by F. Gary Gray stars Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson. UPDATE: The title has now been officially announced. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray have not yet been detailed but you can expect HDR10 and Dolby Atmos for the 4K release. Stay tuned for more on specifics for it and the Blu-ray, as I’ll try to get that info out of Sony.
Both of the releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Speaking of Best Buy, they’ll be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook which you can now find available for pre-order. The artwork for that Steelbook has yet to be unveiled but, again, stay tuned for an update. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes [4K Exclusive]
- “Alien-cestry.com”: Everyone has a little alien in them! Trace your roots with Alien-cestry.com! [4K Exclusive]
- “Neuralyzer: Like It Never Even Happened”: As NOT seen on Alien TV, order now to get your very own Neuralyzer and erase life’s embarrassing moments like a pro. [4K Exclusive]
- “Gag Reel”: Even top MIB agents forget their lines. See their bloopers in this unforgettable gag reel.
- “New Recruits, Classic Suits”: Anchored by the delightful chemistry between Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth and supported by icons like Emma Thompson & Liam Neeson, the cast of MIB International is truly out of this world!
- “Let’s Do This! Inside the Action & Stunts”: MIB International is packed with action and stunts, go behind the scenes with the team to see how they pulled it off.
- “Look Right Here: Gadgets, Weapons, & Rides”: From the iconic Neuralyzer to a tricked out Jag, check out the amazing arsenal of gadgets, weapons and vehicles.
- “Expanding the Universe of MIB”: MIB ups the ante with international locations, aliens and more as the universe expands.
- “Frank & Pawny’s Peanut Gallery”: Everyone’s favorite pug and pawn join together to watch a few key scenes and share their thoughts.
- “Les Twins Leave It on the Floor”: Dance sensations Les Twins show off their signature style and how they devised their alien moves.
- “In Case You’ve Been Neuralyzed: MIB Recap”: Join Frank the Pug for this rapid-fire recap of the MIB franchise.
- “The MIB Meet the NBA”: With talent like this, these NBA stars must be super-human.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and then the full announcement about the upcoming releases of this film.
The five “Marvel Cinematic Universe” films “Iron Man“ (2008), “Iron Man 2“ (2010), “Iron Man 3“ (2013), “Thor“ (2011), and “Thor: The Dark World“ (2013) are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 13th via Disney‘s Marvel Studios. These films’ tech specs on 4K all include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. One last thing from a technical side: there is a variety of the 2.35:1 to 2.40:1 aspect ratios on the five different films. These films all will come in the form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital copy of each included.
All five of these “MCU” film on 4K UHD Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials will be included on the Blu-ray releases and are identical to their previous releases. There will also be limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook releases for each film exclusive to retailer Best Buy. Those Steelbooks are now available for pre-order now and you can find them below, after the break, pictured with links.
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
The 2018 film “Bad Times at the El Royale” starring Jeff Bridges is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 1st, 2019 via Fox. The film, written & directed by Drew Goddard, co-stars Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Cailee Spaeny, Lewis Pullman, Nick Offerman, and Chris Hemsworth.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Making Bad Times at the El Royale
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.