Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 CG animated sequel “The Addams Family 2“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 18th, 2022 via MGM distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to retail sources.
The film, directed by Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon and co-directed by Laura Brousseau & Kevin Pavlovic, features the voice talents of Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Javon ‘Wanna’ Walton, Nick Kroll, Bette Midler, Snoop Dogg, Bill Hader, and Wallace Shawn.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound on a BD-50 disc. This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its DVD counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailers Target and Walmart. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- We’re Altogether Addams
- Courage to be Kooky
- The Addams Family Road Trip Checklist
EDITORIAL NOTE: Sadly, it seems that no 4K UHD Blu-ray release for this film is planned, at least stateside, despite the fact that it’s already available (to rent or own) digitally in 4K on services like Vudu or AppleTV (iTunes). It’s a shame what respect the 4K physical media format gets from studios these days, folks. Sure, this particular film didn’t do to well well with critics or audiences but that doesn’t mean it might not find an audience over on that format. They’ll never know except for the digital side for now and base a future release on how well that version sells overall. It’s honestly a pretty crummy business model to have with what it does to consumers’ wallets when a film is first released. A business model that seems to be designed to make the consumer first purchase a Blu-ray, already obsolete to them if they own a 4K display, and then like a year later convince them into buying the very same film they just bought on 4K physically when they could have bought it that way before for just like 5 dollars extra (on average). It’s really getting annoying more and more with each release that doesn’t get a 4K. Again, no offense to this film but I’m convinced the studio didn’t think it deserved that treatment. However, I’ll see tons of people on social media complain (rightfully so) that no 4K physical release is planned. Perhaps they are a niche audience, compared to the Blu-ray and even DVD audiences but the 4K audience that collects physical media still matters. Better yet: physical media matters. This shift to digital is starting to make me sick to my stomach.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “F9: The Fast Saga” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 21st via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, the latest in the “Fast and the Furious” franchise, directed by Justin Lin, stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Helen Mirren, Kurt Russell, and Charlize Theron. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will include 2 versions of the film: The Director’s Cut (149 minutes, NOT RATED) and the Theatrical Cut (142 minutes, PG-13).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now also available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- F9: ALL IN: The Fast family invites you to be part of the crew as they give you an intimate look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even greater heights. This bonus feature, with more than 46 minutes of content, includes returning characters, new cast members, huge stunts, big surprises, and so much more.
- PRACTICALLY FAST: When it comes to stunts, it seems each film in The Fast Saga outdoes the last. In this piece, we examine how Justin Lin and his team go to great lengths to shoot as many stunts as they can in-camera and practically, giving the film an authenticity that cannot be achieved solely through visual effects or CGI.
- SHIFTING PRIORITIES: We first met many of these characters when The Fast and the Furious was released in 2001. In the 20+ years since, not only have the characters themselves grown and evolved, but so have the actors that portray them. Art often imitates life, and we look at how that’s particularly true in F9.
- JUSTICE FOR HAN: Han is back! Sung Kang and Justin Lin discuss the genesis for the return of this beloved character, while the cast reveals how much it means to them to have Kang back along for the ride.
- A DAY ON SET WITH JUSTIN LIN: The job of a director on any movie production is huge. The job of a director on a production the scale of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see just how demanding it is to navigate a production day when you’re the one with all the answers.
- JOHN CENA: SUPERCAR SUPERFAN: John Cena is a real-life car expert, and no franchise does cars like Fast. Watch John jump from exotic car to exotic car like a kid in a candy store, giving you a true fan’s look at some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY (THEATRICAL AND DIRECTOR’S CUT) WITH PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR JUSTIN LIN
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the upcoming home video releases of this film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2000 film “The Legend of Bagger Vance” will be finally making its debut to the Blu-ray Disc format on May 25th, via Paramount Home Entertainment, according to retailers. The film, directed by Robert Redford, starred Will Smith, Matt Damon, Charlize Theron, and Jack Lemmon as the narrator. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Yes, no lossless surround sound mix will be found on this release according to the back package art. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Robert Redford: Insight Into The Legend of Bagger Vance
- Production Featurette
- Theatrical Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Bombshell“ starring Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, and Margot Robbie is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Lionsgate. The film, based on a true story & directed by Jay Roach, co-stars John Lithgow, Allison Janney, Malcolm McDowell, Kate McKinnon, Connie Britton, Liv Hewson, Stephen Root, and Mark Duplass. UPDATED: Tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Yes, you read that correctly. The Blu-ray Disc will come in the form of a “combo pack” with it getting a DVD counterpart and digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “No Easy Truths: The Making of Bombshell” 7-Part Documentary
- “Convergence: Genesis of the Film” Featurette
- “Quid Pro Quo: Charlize, Nicole, Margot, John” Featurette
- “Human Dynamics: The Ensemble Cast” Featurette
- “Breaking the Fourth Wall: Visual Design” Featurette
- “Layer by Layer: Makeup, Hair & Clothing” Featurette
- “A Unique Skill Set: Jay Roach” Featurette
- “Catalyst for Change: Parting Thoughts” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the home video release of this film.