Tag Archives: CBS
A “Twin Peaks: From Z to A“ box set is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 10th via CBS and Paramount. This set will include the entire TV series from 1990 and the TV series from 2017, as well as the movies “Fire Walk With Me” (1992) and “Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces” (2014). The show, co-created by Mark Frost and David Lynch, starred Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Mädchen Amick, Richard Beymer, Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton, James Marshall, Jack Nance, Joan Chen, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Eric DaRe, Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, and Ray Wise.
This set will be a limited edition run with only 25,000 produced. Tech specs have not yet been fully detailed for the set but stay tuned for a possible update. There will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray disc included in this set that features two episodes restored in 4K, via transfers overseen by David Lynch.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order for the “From Z to A“ Blu-ray box set over at Amazon. There’s going to be some really elaborate packaging for this release which you can have a closer look at HERE and below.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that a “Twin Peaks: The Television Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set will also be released on October 15th (pictured below). UPDATE: That set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the “Twin Peaks: From Z to A” set are listed below.
Newly-Produced Special Features And Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will include over six hours of all-new special features:
- From the extensive behind-the-scenes footage of David Lynch making the A Limited Event Series (shot primarily by Jason S), 20-30 minute (approx.) pieces titled “Behind the Curtain” were edited and are included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A rare newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with longtime David Lynch collaborator Kristine McKenna to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks as well as Fire Walk With Me.
- In a newly-produced featurette, fans can go “On the Couch” with Harry and Kimmy as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories.
- As an additional treat for fans of A Limited Event Series, a compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of The Roadhouse Bar musical performances.
- 4K Ultra HD Upgrades
Highlighting the visual artistry and sound design of two seminal episodes/parts, a special 4K UHD disc will be included that features a new ultra-high def transfer overseen by David Lynch of both versions of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, as well as the “phenomenal” (The New York Times) and “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series.
- TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray Disc set releases of this show.
The original 1985 TV series starring Richard Dean Anderson “MacGyver: The Complete First Season“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 30th via CBS/Paramount. This box set will include all 22 episodes from the first season in remastered HD video. Tech specs and bonus materials for this release have not yet been fully detailed, but stay tuned for any update. It’s worth noting that this show ran for a total of 7 seasons, so hopefully CBS/Paramount plan to release the remaining six in the coming years. The release is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Below you’ll find a video I found on a foreign website (I believe it was French) showing the comparisons side-by-side of the original and new HD restored footage. This is not direct from CBS/Paramount, so keep that in mind.
“MacGyver” HD Restoration Comparison:
Lastly, here’s some info that TVShowsOnDVD posted regarding this:
LEAVE HIM TO HIS OWN DEVICES. Own all 22 episodes from Season One of the original MacGyver, newly HD-remastered on Blu-ray for the first time ever! Re-live the adventures of Angus MacGyver (Richard Dean Anderson), a secret agent that outwits his deadly enemies with quick thinking and a few everyday objects he finds along the way. Armed with duct tape, a pocketknife, and scientific training, this expert problem solver’s missions are more intense than ever before. Get a closer look at the hero who proves brains beat brawn every time. FIRST TIME ON BLU-RAY! BRAND NEW HD TRANSFER; LOOKING AND SOUNDING BETTER THAN EVER!