Tag Archives: Carrie Fisher
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
RUMOR time again at HDDN, and it seems that the 1980 film “The Blues Brothers“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray here in the United States on May 19th, via Universal, according to a retailer listings. Yes, plural. The film, directed by John Landis, starred John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Frank Oz, Kathleen Freeman, Cab Calloway, Henry Gibson, James Brown, Carrie Fisher, Ray Charles, Matt Murphy, and Aretha Franklin.
UPDATE: The artwork for the front and back is now available via a retailer listing (I’ll discuss below) and I now have more info on this release. It will include both the Theatrical (R-Rated) and Extended Cut (UNRATED) of the film. The tech specs include 4K video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound, on a BD-100 (100-gigabyte disc). It will come as a “combo pack” with the previous Blu-ray and its existing extras, as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: Now, as of today (3/11) you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray of the film listed for preorder over at Amazon. You can also find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at retailer Target, and it’s showing that release date listed above. This would all make sense considering it was announced back last month that France would be getting a 4K release in May, as well (as seen on Amazon.fr). UPDATE: The bonus materials listed to be included on the release are as follows:
- Stories Behind the Making of The Blues Brothers
- Transposing the Music
- Remembering John
UPDATE: Retailer Best Buy will officially be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film the very same date as mentioned. Its artwork (pictured below) is very similar, if not identical to the art that the French SteelBook release previously discussed and linked to. You can now find a preorder link for it over at Best Buy.
The remaining films in the “Star Wars” film franchise – so far – are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st it seems, via Disney, according to retailer listings. There will first be a very lavish, expensive box set available (seemingly exclusive) at retailer Best Buy called “The Skywalker Saga” (pictured above) which is now available for preorder. That Skywalker Saga set will include Episodes 1-9 of the films, as well as two Blu-ray Disc counterparts for each film, filled with bonus materials – yet to be detailed. Stay tuned for further details regarding this release as it develops.
Now, as of today, there also are most certainly individual releases for Episodes 1-7 coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st as well as the film “Rogue One – A Star Wars Story” (2016). It’s certainly worth noting that these titles are now all listed over at retailer Best Buy, individually. So, as you’d expect I’ll be listing the films coming out in theatrical chronological order with direct links to the Best Buy preorder listings – not yet functional but currently placeholder pages. UPDATED: I am now adding Amazon preorder listings to this post as they are getting listed.
- “Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope” (1977)
- “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back” (1980)
- “Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi” (1983)
- “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace” (1999)
- “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones” (2002)
- “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” (2005)
- “Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens” (2015)
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (2016)
- “Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Rise of Skywalker” (2019)
NOTE: The final film in the Skywalker Saga (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”) has been announced officially, as you can read HERE in my previous news post regarding it. This story regarding the individual releases is still developing, so once again, stay tuned.
The 2019 sequel “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 31st, via Disney. The film, directed by J.J. Abrams, starred Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Naomi Ackie, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Lupita Nyong’o, Keri Russell, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Ian McDiarmid, and Billy Dee Williams. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. While it’s not yet available over at Amazon, stay tuned. However, you can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart.
The 4K release is going to be getting several exclusives at retailers. The exclusives will include a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook over at Best Buy (pictured below), Target will get a 4K UHD Blu-ray Gallery Book (pictured below), and a 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition will be exclusive over at Walmart (pictured below). You can click on the retailer names for links to preorder those exclusives.
The bonus materials set to be included on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are listed below.
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- Digital Exclusive:
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Further below, after the break, you can find even further details about the upcoming home video releases of this film via the official announcement.
All screenshots are uncompressed in full 1920 x 1080 resolution.
SOURCE: 2019 Blu-ray Disc release.
Click on thumbnails for full-sized images lossless PNG image format.
This set of screenshots: 65 total
2019 Blu-ray Disc Screenshots:
Also Available (featuring an Old Transfer):
A 4K restoration of the 1989 Rob Reiner directed romantic comedy “When Harry Met Sally…” starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on January 8th, 2019 as the “30th Anniversary Edition” via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film, which was written by Nora Ephron, co-starred Carrie Fisher, Bruno Kirby, Steven Ford, Lisa Jane Persky, and Michelle Nicastro.
As of today I can tell you the full details about this upcoming release. First off, as mentioned, it has received a new 4K scan and restoration. Below you’ll find a list of info regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included.
- NEW transfer restored from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- NEW Scenes from a Friendship – interview with Rob Reiner and Billy Crystal
- Audio Commentary with Rob Reiner, Nora Ephron, And Billy Crystal
- Audio Commentary with Rob Reiner
- How Harry Met Sally Documentary
- Vintage Featurettes
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Music Video by Harry Connick Jr.
The 1989 Rob Reiner directed romantic comedy “When Harry Met Sally…” starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan is getting a “30th Anniversary Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on January 8th, 2019 via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film, written by Nora Ephron, co-starred Carrie Fisher, Bruno Kirby, Steven Ford, Lisa Jane Persky, and Michelle Nicastro. Tech specs for the release and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for when they do. The release is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and directly via the Shout! Factory Store.