The 2019 film “Alita: Battle Angel” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on July 23rd via Fox. The film, directed by Robert Rodriguez and produced by James Cameron, features a cast of Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, and Jackie Earle Haley.
The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray (and the Blu-ray 3D) include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. I repeat, the Blu-ray 3D will only get DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio on it instead of the Dolby Atmos found on the 4K, which is a tad bit disappointing to some of my readers, including even myself. The 4K release will come with a Blu-ray 3D of the film (as seen on the cover art, above). The two releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting both Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will get a DVD, and a digital copy of the film will be present on both. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon and at Best Buy. There will be a 4K Steelbook Exclusive to retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order (pictured below).
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases run rather lengthy, so you can find them listed further below, after the break, along with the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2019 DC film “Shazam!” starring Zachary Levi is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D formats on July 16th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by David F. Sandberg, co-starred Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Adam Brody, Djimon Hounsou, and Meagan Good. The film has received much critic-acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release(s) include 1080p video and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. All three releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will be getting a DVD, the Blu-ray 3D will be getting standard 2D Blu-ray, and a digital copy of the film will be included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Shazam Exclusive Motion Comic
- The Magical World of Shazam
- Super Fun Zac
- Carnival Scene Study
- Shazamily Values
- Who is Shazam?
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are also listed for pre-order now over at retailer Target, featuring some different artwork. UPDATE #2: There’s a 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook coming as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which you can now find available for pre-order.
NOTE: The Blu-ray 3D release is listed to be coming stateside directly over at Warner’s WBShop and in the UK over at retailer Zavvi. There’s no word yet if it will be coming to other retailers stateside, as it doesn’t have a listing over at Amazon or at any other retailers.
The 2018 Illumination CG animated film “The Grinch” featuring the voice talent of Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on February 5th via Universal. The film, based on a book by Dr. Seuss, was directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier. This animated film also features the voice talents of Pharrell Williams, Rashida Jones, Cameron Seely, Angela Lansbury, and Kenan Thompson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, on a BD-100, in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D include 1080p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, each on a BD-50, with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, the Blu-ray 3D getting a Blu-ray, and a Movies Anywhere compatible Digital Copy of the film included on each. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray, the Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray 3D available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Who’s Who in Who-ville (interactive map) – There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville to Mt. Crumpit.
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video – Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen – It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH – Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories – The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets – From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video – A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart – Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World – Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log – Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies – A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw – Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidently dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
“Skyscraper” starring Dwayne Johnson is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D on October 9th via Universal. This news comes via an early alert to retailers. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of “combo pack” for all three versions, with the 4K including a Blu-ray, Blu-ray including a DVD, Blu-ray 3D including a standard Blu-ray, and all including a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D are all available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Extended Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Dwayne Johnson: Embodying a Hero
- Opposing Forces
- Friends No More
- Kids in Action
- Pineapple Pitch
- Feature Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
The 2018 Jon Turteltaub directed film “The Meg”, which just hit theaters this weekend, is already slated for December release on 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and even on Blu-ray 3D format in the United Kingdom on retailer Zavvi. Keywords there: in the United Kingdom, not stateside. However, based on this, we can likely expect this film to come out around December here in the United States. The UK release date is December 17th. Stay tuned on what the US release date will be.
At time of writing this, stateside, it does already have a PRE-ORDER listings available over at Amazon for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions. The Blu-ray 3D version is lacking a pre-order listing, at this moment.
It appears, looking at the cover art, all the releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” – with the 4K release getting a Blu-ray included, and the Blu-ray releases getting a DVD included. All versions it also appears will include a Digital Copy of the film. No word yet at all on the tech specs or the bonus materials slated for these releases, as this news is just now developing. Stay tuned for any updates.
MAJOR UPDATE: This title has since been announced for United States home video release on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats, with no 3D release stateside – as expected. You can find more about this HERE, posted on the site.
Lastly, do you have an real concerns about this post? You can easily contact me using the Contact page. Thanks.
Universal has officially announced plans to bring the film “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D on September 18th. This news comes this morning in an official announcement from the studio. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 4K at 2160p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 varieties of High Dynamic Range and DTS: X sound. The Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D releases tech specs include full HD at 1080p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS: X sound as well. All three versions will be available in a “combo pack” and include a Digital Copy of the film. They all are now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are pretty lengthy, so they can be found further below, after the break.
EDITORIAL NOTE: Now this is only a “rumor” at this point, so take it with a “grain of salt” so-to-speak until we get an official release announcement, but here is some early release date news for you.
It would appear, in an early alert to retailers, that “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on September 18th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The release is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon on the said formats, just click the links above. Tech specs and bonus materials have not been detailed yet. It appears that the 4K and Blu-ray 3D will come in the form of “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc, and a Digital Copy of the film included – while the Blu-ray Disc release will include a DVD, and Digital Copy of the film. Stay tuned for further updates, and most importantly for an official press release announcement from the studio (Universal) confirming that rumored release date leaked by a certain retailer.
Also, there are going to be some cool exclusives available at the physical retailers, I’ve already scoped them all out, and will be going over them all below for those interested. More on that, as well as the other cover art for the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases, further below, after the break.
The 2017 documentary short film “Dream Big: Engineering Our World,” originally released in IMAX theaters, is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 24th via Shout! Factory. The short is narrated by Jeff Bridges, and was directed by Greg MacGillivray. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray Disc, and Digital Copy of the film are included. This is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now. Below (after the break) you’ll find the official announcement for this release, as well as another IMAX documentary short also coming out on 4K UHD Blu-ray the very same day.
Warner Brothers has officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Brad Peyton directed film “Rampage” (based on the video game of the same title) starring Dwayne Johnson to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on July 17th. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR options of Dolby Vision and HDR10, as well as includes both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound mixes. The Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases include full 1080p in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound as well. All versions will include a digital copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release(s) are listed below:
- Not A Game Anymore – From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.
- Gag Reel – Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.
- Deleted Scenes – Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.
- Rampage – Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.
- Trio of Destruction – Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.
- Attack on Chicago – Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.
- Bringing George to Life – Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.