Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 film “Wonder Woman 1984” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 30th via Warner. The film, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 4K presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both are listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 2-film bundle set available on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray including the first film [“Wonder Woman” (2017)] and this film. These 2-film bundle sets will both be exclusive (it appears) to Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases of Wonder Woman 1984 are listed below.
- The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder
- Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever
- Small But Mighty
- Scene Study: The Open Road
- Scene Study: The Mall
- Gal & Krissy Having Fun
- Meet the Amazons
- Black Gold Infomercial
- Gag Reel
- Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix
UPDATE #1: It turns out, as most had both expected and hoped for, that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of this film (pictured below) which you can now find available over there for preorder.
UPDATE #2: It seems that there will be a Blu-ray 3D of the film released here in North America and it’s coming the very same day. You can now find that Blu-ray 3D listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and see its cover art pictured below.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the home video release of this film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
One well-known horror franchise is about to get a definitive box set fans have longed for. “Friday The 13th Collection [Deluxe Edition]“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 13th, via Scream Factory. The twelve total films included in the 16-disc box set are listed below:
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
- Jason X (2001)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Friday the 13th (2009)
Tech specs here for this upcoming set include new 4K scans for the first four films in the franchise as well as a new 2K scan of the “Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday” film. The various aspect ratios and audio formats set to be here on the films have not yet been fully detailed by Scream, but stay tuned for an update.
UPDATE: You can now find this Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon.
The Blu-ray set is also available for preorder directly via ShoutFactory.com. It is certainly worth noting that this set will be limited in its run to a total of 13,000 units (according to the distributor’s press release). Physically it features a rigid slipcase to hold the discs in their individual cases with newly commissioned artwork. The set will include a collectible 40-page booklet as well.
Also, I’ve managed to learn directly the folks at Scream that you will be getting the third film (Friday the 13th: Part 3) for the very first time in digital 3D via the Blu-ray 3D format (as well as in 2D). That means there will be no cardboard red/cyan glasses or such are set to be included for that film, as were previously with the original Blu-ray from Paramount. Some of the new extras have been finished and announced, however, some of them are still in the works and will actually be detailed at a later point. So, you can expect to hear about that in the coming months — via an update to this post and on social media.
After the break, you can find the full details regarding this highly-anticipated upcoming Blu-ray box set.
The 2019 film “Alita: Battle Angel” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on July 23rd via Fox. The film, directed by Robert Rodriguez and produced by James Cameron, features a cast of Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, and Jackie Earle Haley.
The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray (and the Blu-ray 3D) include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. I repeat, the Blu-ray 3D will only get DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio on it instead of the Dolby Atmos found on the 4K, which is a tad bit disappointing to some of my readers, including even myself. The 4K release will come with a Blu-ray 3D of the film (as seen on the cover art, above). The two releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting both Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will get a DVD, and a digital copy of the film will be present on both. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon and at Best Buy. There will be a 4K Steelbook Exclusive to retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order (pictured below).
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases run rather lengthy, so you can find them listed further below, after the break, along with the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2019 DC film “Shazam!” starring Zachary Levi is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D formats on July 16th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by David F. Sandberg, co-starred Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Adam Brody, Djimon Hounsou, and Meagan Good. The film has received much critic-acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release(s) include 1080p video and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. All three releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will be getting a DVD, the Blu-ray 3D will be getting standard 2D Blu-ray, and a digital copy of the film will be included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Shazam Exclusive Motion Comic
- The Magical World of Shazam
- Super Fun Zac
- Carnival Scene Study
- Shazamily Values
- Who is Shazam?
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are also listed for pre-order now over at retailer Target, featuring some different artwork. UPDATE #2: There’s a 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook coming as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which you can now find available for pre-order.
NOTE: The Blu-ray 3D release is listed to be coming stateside directly over at Warner’s WBShop and in the UK over at retailer Zavvi. There’s no word yet if it will be coming to other retailers stateside, as it doesn’t have a listing over at Amazon or at any other retailers.
The 2018 Illumination CG animated film “The Grinch” featuring the voice talent of Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on February 5th via Universal. The film, based on a book by Dr. Seuss, was directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier. This animated film also features the voice talents of Pharrell Williams, Rashida Jones, Cameron Seely, Angela Lansbury, and Kenan Thompson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, on a BD-100, in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D include 1080p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, each on a BD-50, with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, the Blu-ray 3D getting a Blu-ray, and a Movies Anywhere compatible Digital Copy of the film included on each. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray, the Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray 3D available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Who’s Who in Who-ville (interactive map) – There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville to Mt. Crumpit.
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video – Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen – It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH – Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories – The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets – From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video – A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart – Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World – Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log – Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies – A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw – Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidently dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
“Skyscraper” starring Dwayne Johnson is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D on October 9th via Universal. This news comes via an early alert to retailers. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of “combo pack” for all three versions, with the 4K including a Blu-ray, Blu-ray including a DVD, Blu-ray 3D including a standard Blu-ray, and all including a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D are all available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Extended Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Dwayne Johnson: Embodying a Hero
- Opposing Forces
- Friends No More
- Kids in Action
- Pineapple Pitch
- Feature Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
“Skyscraper” will also get an Exclusive Steelbook on 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for PRE-ORDER.