Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1997 film “Lost Highway” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on October 11th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed and co-written by David Lynch, starred Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Balthazar Getty, Robert Blake, Gary Busey, Richard Pryor, and Robert Loggia.
This movie has received a new 4K restoration, supervised by director David Lynch. Below are some details about that from Janus Films‘ website:
“Lost Highway is presented in its original aspect ratio of 2.39:1. Supervised by director David Lynch, this new digital transfer was created in 4K resolution on a Scanity film scanner from the 35 mm original camera negative. The near-field remaster of the original 5.1 soundtrack was made from the 35 mm magnetic track and mix supervised by Lynch and rerecording mixer Ronald Eng.”
Tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes. The 4K release will come in the form of a 2-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included in that set.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray directly available for preorder over at the Criterion website. The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised and approved by director David Lynch, with new 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- Alternate uncompressed stereo soundtrack
- For the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
- Pretty as a Picture: The Art of David Lynch, a feature-length 1997 documentary by Toby Keeler featuring Lynch and his collaborators Angelo Badalamenti, Peter Deming, Barry Gifford, Mary Sweeney, and others, along with on-set footage from Lost Highway
- Reading by Lynch and critic Kristine McKenna of excerpts from their 2018 book, Room to Dream
- Archival interviews with Lynch and actors Patricia Arquette, Bill Pullman, and Robert Loggia
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: Excerpts from an interview with Lynch from filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch
- New cover by Fred Davis
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1987 Mel Brooks film “Spaceballs” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 13th via KL Studio Classics. This news was just unveiled by the distributor via a Tweet. In that tweet, you can see the reversible cover artwork. The film, co-written & directed by Mel Brooks, featured a cast of Bill Pullman, John Candy, Rick Moranis, Daphne Zuniga, Dick Van Patten, the voice of Joan Rivers, and of course Mel Brooks. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for hopefully an update on that. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it’ll include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart. KL Studio Classics has announced the bonus materials will consist of the following.
- Audio Commentary by Mel Brooks
- FORCE YOURSELF! Featurette
- SPACEBALLS: The Documentary
- In Conversation w/ Mel Brooks & Thomas Meehan
- John Candy: Comic Spirit
- Film Flubs
- Watch SPACEBALLS in Ludicrous Speed
- And Much More!
UPDATE: you can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray is available to preorder over at Amazon.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Dark Waters“ starring Mark Ruffalo is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 3rd via Universal. The film, based on a true story & directed by Todd Haynes, co-stars Anne Hathaway, Tim Robbins, and Bill Pullman. This movie has received much critical acclaim during its theatrical run and as a result, at the time of writing, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on a BD-50 (50 gigabyte dual-layered Blu-ray Disc). The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD counterpart being included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Uncovering Dark Waters
- The Cost of Being a Hero
- The Real People
The 1997 David Lynch directed film “Lost Highway“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 25th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film starred Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Robert Blake, Gary Busey, Robert Loggia, Balthazar Getty, and Richard Pryor. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update from KL Studio Classics. The Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and also directly from Kino Lorber.
The 2018 Antoine Fuqua directed sequel “The Equalizer 2” starring Denzel Washington is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 11th via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video and Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The two different releases will each come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. The film on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- “Retribution Mode” with Denzel Washington and Director Antoine Fuqua
- 11 Deleted & Extended Scenes
- “Denzel as McCall: Round Two” Featurette
- The Equalizer 2 Pop Up Trivia Track
- “Seconds Till Death: Action Breakdown”
- “Through Antoine’s Lens: The Cast”
- Two NBA Promos
Below, after the break, you can find the cover art for the Blu-ray release.