Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1992 film “Deep Cover” directed by Bill Duke is officially getting a Blu-ray Disc release on July 13th from The Criterion Collection. The film starred Laurence Fishburne, Jeff Goldblum, Lira Angel, Victoria Dillard, Gregory Sierra, James T. Morris, Julio Oscar Mechoso, and Clifton Powell.
The film has received a new director-approved digital 4K restoration. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 surround sound. You can now find The Criterion Collection Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- New interview with director Bill Duke
- New conversation between film scholars Racquel J. Gates and Michael B. Gillespie about Deep Cover’s place within both the Black film boom of the early 1990s and the noir genre
- New conversation between scholar Claudrena N. Harold and professor, DJ, and podcaster Oliver Wang about the film’s title track and its importance to the history of hip-hop
- Panel discussion from 2018 featuring Duke and Fishburne and moderated by film critic Elvis Mitchell
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by Gillespie
- New cover illustration by Ngabo “El’Cesart” Desire
The 2018 Panos Cosmatos written and directed horror / thriller “Mandy“ starring Nicolas Cage is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 30th via RLJ Entertainment. The film has received much critical acclaim and as a result, at time of writing, carries a “Certified Fresh” badge over at Rotten Tomatoes with a shocking 98% rating based on critic reviews. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned tuned for an update. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Best Buy.
As I had previously reported (back on June 14th in a “rumor”), it now is seeming more like we (U.S. consumers) are definitely going to be getting the 1987 John McTiernan directed film “Predator” released on 4K UHD Blu-ray via Fox Home Entertainment. One major thing that’s pushing this past the point of “rumor” is the fact we now have U.S. cover art depicted on Amazon (directly, above). In fact, I’m not even featuring an image for the news story header to prove this. So, take that for what it’s worth.
The release date retailers are giving for the release is August 7th. A PRE-ORDER listing, where the cover art can be found, is available now over at Amazon. Stay tuned later this month perhaps for an official press release to come out from the studio (Fox).
Also, be on the lookout for me posting the Screenshots from the previous 2010 Blu-ray Disc release of the film soon. Lastly, for those who don’t want to visit Amazon to view it, you’ll find the U.S. cover art further below after the break.