Tag Archives: BD-100
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1964 spaghetti western “A Fistful of Dollars” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 31st via KL Studio Classics. The film, directed by Sergio Leone, starred Clint Eastwood and Marianne Koch.
In terms of the 4K restoration, the movie has received “over 24 hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata” according to Kino Lorber. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation (without HDR) and lossless 5.1 and 2.0 Mono on a BD-100 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart included. You cannot yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon but stay tuned for an update on that. In the meantime, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder directly from Kino Lorber.
The contents of this 2-disc set and bonus materials are listed further below, after the break.
The 2007 film “Eastern Promises” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 22nd via KL Studio Classics. The film, directed by David Cronenberg, starred Viggo Mortensen, Naomi Watts, Vincent Cassel, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Sinéad Cusack, and Jerzy Skolimowski. The film will also be getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray release on the same day from Kino Lorber.
This new 4K master of the film was “Approved & Color Graded by Cinematographer Peter Suschitzky,” according to Kino Lorber. Tech specs for the 4K include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo sound, on a BD-100 disc. The release will also come in the form of a “combo pack,” so you’ll get the Special Edition Blu-ray counterpart with the 4K UHD Blu-ray.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Special Edition Blu-ray directly available for preorder via Kino Lorber’s website. There are also already placeholder pages up for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Special Edition Blu-ray over at Amazon but they’re not yet functional, so stay tuned regarding that for an eventual update. The bonus materials set to be included with both versions of the film being released are listed below, which will be housed on the Blu-ray Disc.
- NEW Interview with Screenwriter Steven Knight
- Secrets and Stories: Featurette with Director David Cronenberg (10:32)
- Marked for Life: Featurette with David Cronenberg (6:42)
- Two Guys Walk Into a Bath House: Featurette with David Cronenberg (1:55)
- Watts on Wheels: Featurette with Naomi Watts (0:55)
- Theatrical Trailer One (2:22) (Newly Mastered in 2K)
- Theatrical Trailer Two (1:54) (Newly Mastered in 2K)
The 2021 film “Last Night in Soho” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 15th, 2022 via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written & directed by Edgar Wright, stars Thomasin McKenzie, Matt Smith, Michael Ajao, and Anya Taylor-Joy.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack,” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere.
- MAKING OF FEATURETTES
- MEET ELOISE – An in-depth look at the character of Eloise and the challenges that star Thomasin McKenzie faced while bringing her to life.
- DREAMING OF SANDIE – A closer look at the characters of Sandie and Jack and why Anya Taylor-Joy and Matt Smith were the perfect actors to embody the essence of the time period.
- SMOKE AND MIRRORS – The cast and crew break down how lighting, makeup, special effects, and creative camerawork came together to create a collision between the present day and 1960’s time periods.
- ON THE STREETS OF SOHO – The cast and crew discuss the importance of shooting on location in Soho and the complexity of transforming the city streets back in time.
- TIME TRAVELLING – A look into how the music, costume design, and production design of the film work together to immerse the audience into the world of 1960’s Soho.
- DELETED SCENES
- FIRST DREAM
- SHADOW MEN
- FINAL CONFRONTATION
- HAIR & MAKEUP TESTS
- LIGHTING & VFX TESTS
- WIDE ANGLE WITNESS CAM
- ACTON TOWN HALL STEADICAM REHEARSAL
- “DOWNTOWN” MUSIC VIDEO
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR/CO-WRITER EDGAR WRIGHT, EDITOR PAUL MACHLISS AND COMPOSER STEVE PRICE
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR/CO-WRITER EDGAR WRIGHT AND CO-WRITER KRISTY WILSON-CAIRNS
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video releases.
Available as Part of:
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Halloween Kills” will be getting an “Extended Cut” (as well as the Theatrical Cut) on its 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc release on January 11th, 2022 which is officially coming from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and directed by David Gordon Green and executive produced by John Carpenter, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Longstreet, Dylan Arnold, Will Patton, Thomas Mann, Scott MacArthur, Michael McDonald, Jim Cummings, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, Michael Smallwood, and Carmela McNeal.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find them available over at retailer Best Buy who will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now listed as well.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.