Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1984 fantasy film “The Company of Wolves“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in “Collector’s Edition” form on November 22nd via Scream Factory (Shout! Factory). The film, directed & co-written by Neil Jordan, starred Angela Lansbury, Sarah Patterson, Graham Crowden, Kathryn Pogson, Stephen Rea, Georgia Slowe, Micha Bergese, and Terence Stamp.
The tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect a 2160p video presentation in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio with likely [at least] HDR10 form of high dynamic range. No word yet on the audio but I’m willing to bet that you can expect at least a lossless Stereo 2.0 mix. Also, the extras are “currently in progress” so check back later for an update on that as well. The 2-disc Collector’s Edition release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart included.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon as well as directly via the ShoutFactory.com website, where you’ll get an exclusive poster (while supplies last).
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1956 film “The Court Jester” starring Danny Kaye is officially making its debut to Blu-ray Disc on January 26th, 2021, via Paramount Presents. The release will be spine #13 in the Paramount Presents series. The film, directed by Melvin Frank and Norman Panama, co-starred Glynis Johns, Basil Rathbone, Angela Lansbury, Cecil Parker, John Carradine, Mildred Natwick, and Alan Napier. The film has received a new 6K restoration which you can read a slight bit about below.
“Originally released in 1956, THE COURT JESTER was shot in Paramount’s trademark “VistaVision” widescreen format, capturing a grander scope of information on the film negative. For this new restoration, the original negative was scanned at 6K and one of the “separation masters” was also scanned and recombined with the negative scans to address color fading in the negative. The result is an incredibly vibrant picture that faithfully captures the colors and textures of Edith Head’s sensational costumes and Hal Pariera’s sparkling art direction.”
The tech specs for the release include a 1080p presentation in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio with a Mono DTS-HD Master Audio sound mix. The release will come with a digital copy of the film included. You can now find the upcoming Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. This, like all of the Paramount Presents releases, will come with a fold-out poster for the film in the slipcover packaging (as pictured below).
Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A New Filmmaker Focus with film historian Leonard Maltin
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray release of this film.
The 2018 Illumination CG animated film “The Grinch” featuring the voice talent of Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on February 5th via Universal. The film, based on a book by Dr. Seuss, was directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier. This animated film also features the voice talents of Pharrell Williams, Rashida Jones, Cameron Seely, Angela Lansbury, and Kenan Thompson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, on a BD-100, in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D include 1080p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, each on a BD-50, with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, the Blu-ray 3D getting a Blu-ray, and a Movies Anywhere compatible Digital Copy of the film included on each. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray, the Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray 3D available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Who’s Who in Who-ville (interactive map) – There are so many interesting characters that call Who-ville home that it’s hard to keep track of them all. This “Who’s Who” pop-up book uses animation to create a virtual storybook that takes us from Who-ville to Mt. Crumpit.
- “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” Lyric Video – Tyler, The Creator puts a modern spin on the Seussian Christmas classic.
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – Mini in size but not in heart, these short films are fan favorites. From the Grinch and Max to the Minions – you’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the filmmakers who made them.
- From Green to Screen – It takes a lot to bring grumpy green to your home screen. This inside look at the making of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch features interviews and behind-the-scenes moments with the cast, filmmakers and artists whose hearts have all grown three sizes bringing this classic tale to life.
- Illuminating THE GRINCH – Using filmmaker and cast interviews, concept art and progression reels, we take a behind-the-scenes look at how the characters evolved from initial sketches to fully realized characters.
- My Earliest GRINCH Memories – The cast and filmmakers of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch reveal their earliest memories of the grumpy green character and the enduring appeal of this Christmas curmudgeon’s journey to redemption.
- Grinchy Gadgets – From his body-size blow dryer to his moving mechanical chair, from his catapult to his dog drone-rig and more… you’ll get to explore the wondrous world of Grinch’s gadgets.
- “I Am The Grinch” Lyric Video – A stylized look at Tyler, The Creator’s original song created just for the film.
- Songs From His Little Heart – Take a deep dive into the toe tapping beats of Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch. From score to specialty songs, you’ll hear from the film’s A-list musicians on what it took to create the music behind the movie.
- X-mas Around the World – Every culture practices Christmas in a slightly different way. We’ll highlight some of the more fun permutations of the holiday around the globe.
- Cindy-Lou’s Yule Log – Nothing says the holidays quite like an animated fireplace blasting fake heat from your living room television. Just in time for winter, we’ll recreate Cindy-Lou’s living room on Christmas Eve for all to enjoy.
- Production Babies – A celebration of the babies born to the filmmakers during the production of Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch.
- Any Who Can Draw – Hosted by an Illumination artist and head of story Mark O’Hare, you’ll see step-by-step how to draw some of your favorite characters from this beloved holiday classic; Grinch, Max and Fred!
- Yellow is the New Black – Before they all make their big escape from prison in Despicable Me 3, a couple of lucky Minions get a taste of freedom as they break free with the help of one of their fellow human inmates.
- Dog Days of Winter – Max braves the harsh winter weather and an uncooperative Who to bring a sick Grinch his favorite hot tea.
- Santa’s Little Helpers – Fan favorites – the Minions – are back for another adventure! Having been accidently dropped off at the North Pole, our Minion pals make the most of the situation by trying to become elves.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.