The 2005 film adaptation of “V for Vendetta” starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 3rd, via Warner. Some of you may remember me reporting this last month, and as of today, it has been confirmed via a press release from the studio. The film, directed by James McTeigue & based on the graphic novel (of the same title), had a screenplay adapted by The Wachowskis — Lana Wachowski & Lilly Wachowski — both best known for writing & directing “The Matrix” (1999). The film co-starred Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry, Rupert Graves, Tim Pigott-Smith, and John Hurt.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The movie has received a new scan according to the press release, quoted below.
“The 4K UHD release of V for Vendetta is from a new scan of the original camera negative.”
The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will receive its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Amazon will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Giftset (as pictured below) which is now available for preorder, oddly enough.
Retailer Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive release of the film in the form of a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, featuring some never-before-seen content, are listed below.
New Special Features on 4K UHD Disc:
- V for Vendetta Unmasked
- Natalie Portman’s Audition: Explore the depth of Evey’s character with Natalie Portman’s never-before-seen audition
- James McTeigue & Lana Wachowski in Conversation
Previously released Special Features on Blu-ray Disc:
- Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta – The cast and crew of V for Vendetta reveal the intense filmmaking process
- Designing the Near Future – A look at the artistic process of creating the frightening future world of V
- Remember, Remember: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot – The history behind the story of Guy Fawkes
- England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics – The origins of the original V story is illuminated
- Cat Power Montage – Cat Power song played under images of the film
- Theatrical Trailer
- Easter Egg: Hidden Bonus: Saturday Night Live Digital Short
Further below, after the break, you can find the full press release from today announcing the 4K release of the film.