The TV series “Yellowstone: Season 1“ starring Kevin Costner is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Paramount, according to an early alert to retailers. The show, which airs on the Paramount Network channel, co-stars Wes Bentley, Ian Bohen, Luke Grimes, Kelly Reilly, Gil Birmingham, Cole Hauser, and Danny Huston. At this time no bonus materials or tech specs for the release have yet been detailed. Stay tuned for any updates regarding this upcoming release. The Blu-ray is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The original 1956 Don Siegel directed film adaptation of “Invasion of the Body Snatchers“ starring Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter is getting a “Olive Signature” edition Blu-ray Disc release on October 16th via distributor Olive Films. The film has received a new high-definition digital restoration, according to the distributor. This new version on Blu-ray Disc is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. A list of bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by film historian Richard Harland Smith
- Audio Commentary by actors Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter, and filmmaker Joe Dante
- “The Stranger in Your Lover’s Eyes” – A two-part visual essay with actor and son of director Don Siegel, Kristoffer Tabori, reading from his father’s book A Siegel Film
- “The Fear is Real” – Filmmakers Larry Cohen and Joe Dante on the film’s cultural significance
- “I No Longer Belong: The Rise and Fall of Walter Wanger” – Film scholar and author Matthew Bernstein discusses the life and career of the film’s producer
- “Sleep No More: Invasion of the Body Snatchers Revisited” – An appreciation of the film featuring actors Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter, along with comments from film directors and fans, John Landis, Mick Garris, and Stuart Gordon
- “The Fear and the Fiction: The Body Snatchers Phenomenon” – Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter, along with film directors John Landis, Mick Garris and Stuart Gordon, discuss the making of the film, its place in history, and its meaning
- 1985 archival interview with Kevin McCarthy hosted by Tom Hatten
- “Return to Santa Mira” – An exploration of the film’s locations
- “What’s In a Name?” – On the film’s title
- Gallery of rare documents detailing aspects of the film’s production including the never-produced opening narration to have been read by Orson Welles
- Essay by author and film programmer Kier-La Janisse
- Original theatrical trailer