The 2011 Ridley Scott directed film “Hannibal” starring Anthony Hopkins is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc (Special Edition) on April 30th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. This marks the first 4K release for Kino Lorber. The film co-starred Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Frankie Faison, Giancarlo Giannini, Francesca Neri, and Zeljko Ivanek.
Kino Lorber claims this has received a brand new 4K restoration in HDR and SDR, which was color graded by cinematographer John Mathieson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and a lossless 2.0 Stereo mix in terms of sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray included 1080p video with the same DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and lossless 2.0 Stereo mix. Bonus materials were detailed by Kino Lorber today and include the following (housed on the Blu-ray):
- Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott
- Breaking the Silence: Making-of Hannibal Doc – including rare footage and interviews
- Anatomy of a Shoot-Out: A Five-Angle Breakdown of the “Fish Market” Action Scene
- Ridleygrams: A Featurette on the Art of Storyboarding
- An Exploration of the Film’s Opening Title Design
- Over 33 Minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional director commentary
- Alternate Ending with optional director commentary
- 19 TV Spots
- Theatrical Teaser
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the art for the new Blu-ray Disc version.