The 2021 Marvel Studios film “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 30th via Disney. The film, based on Marvel Comics & directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, stars Simu Liu, Tony Leung, Awkwafina, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, Michelle Yeoh, Yuen Wah, and Sir Ben Kingsley. It is most certainly worth noting that at the time of writing this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K physical release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray counterpart. Each release will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You cannot find either the 4K or the Blu-ray yet available for preorder at any retailers, but stay tuned for a later update. Also, it’s very likely that this will receive a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release as an exclusive over at a certain retailer, and perhaps even another 4K retailer exclusive will be available. However, at this point, there are no details or preorder listings for any. Again, stay tuned for updates.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.