Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 film “Wonder Woman 1984” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 30th via Warner. The film, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 4K presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both are listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 2-film bundle set available on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray including the first film [“Wonder Woman” (2017)] and this film. These 2-film bundle sets will both be exclusive (it appears) to Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases of Wonder Woman 1984 are listed below.
- The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder
- Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever
- Small But Mighty
- Scene Study: The Open Road
- Scene Study: The Mall
- Gal & Krissy Having Fun
- Meet the Amazons
- Black Gold Infomercial
- Gag Reel
- Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix
UPDATE #1: It turns out, as most had both expected and hoped for, that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of this film (pictured below) which you can now find available over there for preorder.
UPDATE #2: It seems that there will be a Blu-ray 3D of the film released here in North America and it’s coming the very same day. You can now find that Blu-ray 3D listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and see its cover art pictured below.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the home video release of this film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 DC Universe Movie “Justice Society: World War II” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 11th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, from Warner Bros. Animation, directed by Jeff Wamester, features a voice cast of Stana Katic (Wonder Woman), Matt Bomer (The Flash), Matthew Mercer (Hourman), Chris Diamantopoulos (Steve Trevor), Omid Abtahi (Hawkman), Liam McIntyre (Aquaman), Geoffrey Arend (Charles Halstead/Advisor), Elysia Rotaru (Black Canary), and Armen Taylor (Jay Garrick). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 4K presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K version will come with the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray version will come with the DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film. You cannot yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray or the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included with both physical releases of the film are listed below.
- DC Showcase – Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! (New Animated Short) – Jack Kirby’s beloved DC comic creation features the last civilized teenage boy on a post-apocalyptic Earth ruled by talking animals. In this short, Kamandi and his friends Prince Tuftan of the Tiger Kingdom and humanoid mutant Ben Boxer are kidnapped by a gorilla cult dedicated to finding the reincarnation of their god, The Mighty One. Golgan, the cult’s leader, puts Kamandi’s team through a series of deadly tests to find if any of them know the secret of … The Mighty One.
- Adventures in Storytelling: Justice Society: World War II (New Featurette) – The film’s creative minds chat about the methods used to produce the touchstone sequences in Justice Society: World War II.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.
- Look Back – Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Featurette) – A behind-the-scenes look at the making of Justice League vs. Teen Titans, a 2016 thriller that follows Damian Wayne’s induction into the Teen Titans. Complicating his training is the growing presence of Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon, whose escape plan from his inter-dimensional prison includes spreading his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
- Look Back – Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Featurette) – An intriguing glance into the production behind 2019’s Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, which finds Amazon Princess Diana helping a troubled young girl enlisted by a deadly organization known as Villainy, Inc., whose criminal members have their sights set on invading Themyscira. The expansive adventure is packed with brutal battles, mysterious mythology, and endless wonder!
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part One”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League: “Legends, Part Two”
Further below, after the break, you can find a glimpse at the Blu-ray cover art, the trailer for the film, and details about the upcoming home video release of it.
– ad – commissions earned –
The 2019 DC Universe Movie “Wonder Woman: Bloodlines” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Warner. The film, directed by Justin Copeland and Sam Liu, features the voice talents of Rosario Dawson (as “Wonder Woman”), Marie Avgeropoulos, Jeffrey Donovan, Adrienne C. Moore, Kimberly Brooks, Courtenay Taylor, Constance Zimmer, and Michael Dorn. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been fully detailed. You can, however, visually expect the 4K to come with HDR10 form of HDR (high dynamic range) and 1080p HD video on Blu-ray. Both should be in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and receive lossless surround sound mixes. Stay tuned for an update on the exact tech specs for the releases. One can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. It’s certainly worth noting that you can watch the trailer for the film HERE (on YouTube). Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Death (Animated Short) – Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonard Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The voice cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.
- The Cheetah: Ferocious Archenemy (New Featurette) – Ferocious. Clever. Deadly. It’s the thrill of the hunt and the prey is Wonder Woman. This is the story of The Cheetah, Diana’s greatest enemy.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Red Son – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases.