Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1985 horror film “Fright Night“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in SteelBook form on October 4th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, written & directed by Tom Holland, starred Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse, Roddy McDowall, and Stephen Geoffreys.
The movie has been “scanned from the original camera negative” according to the press release. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos and the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes. The release will come in limited edition SteelBook packaging as a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film included.
BLU-RAY™ FEATURE DISC
- Special Features:
- NEW: Deleted Scene Storyboards – Tom Holland guides us through the film’s only deleted scene, using his personal pre-production storyboards
- NEW: Holland/Beyda Spec Trailer with an Introduction by Tom Holland – the never-before-seen alternate trailer cut by Fright Night editor Kent Beyda with the guidance—and narration—of Tom Holland
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- You’re So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night
- What is Fright Night
- Tom Holland: Writing Horror
- Theatrical Trailers
BLU-RAY™ SPECIAL FEATURES DISC
- Special Features:
- NEW: Fright Night 35th Anniversary Script Read – an anniversary cast reunion and script reading featuring writer/director Tom Holland and special guests including Rosario Dawson, Jason Patric, and many more!
- NEW: The Queer Lens: Bryan Fuller in Conversation with Amanda Bearse – a candid discussion between Fright Night aficionado Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, Queer for Fear: The History of Queer Horror) and Fright Night star Amanda Bearse about the Gothic’s queer roots, the film’s queer subtext, and its metaphorical power
- NEW: A Novel Approach: The Splatterpunk Story of the Fright Night Novelization – Tom Holland, Fright Night novelization authors John Skipp and Craig Spector, and publisher Mark Alan Miller discuss how the progenitors of the splatterpunk genre came to work on the book, their writing process, and the novel’s enduring legacy
- NEW: SFX Storyboard Comparisons – a selection of original storyboards from key effects sequences, compared with their final filmed versions
- Roddy McDowall: From Apes to Bats
- Tom Holland and Amanda Bearse Talk Fright Night
- Round Table with Tom, Stephen and William
- Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek
- First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel – Fear Fest 2 (2008)
- Weekend of Hell Panel with Amanda and Stephen
- Vintage EPK with Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.