Tag Archives: Victor Wong
Amazon Commissions Earned
John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness 4K in January 2021
– Commissions Earned –
The 1987 film “Prince of Darkness“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on January 19th, 2021 via Scream Factory. The film, written & directed by John Carpenter, starred Donald Pleasence, Lisa Blount, Jameson Parker, Victor Wong, Dennis Dun, Susan Blanchard, Anne Marie Howard, Ann Yen, Ken Wright, Dirk Blocker, and Jessie Lawrence Ferguson. The release will come in the form of a “Collector’s Edition” as well as a “combo pack” — the latter meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Peter Jason
- Theatrical trailer
- Audio Commentary with John Carpenter and actor Peter Jason
- Sympathy for The Devil –Interview with Writer/Director John Carpenter
- Alice at the Apocalypse –interview with Alice Cooper
- The Messenger – Interview with Actor & Special Visual Effects Supervisor Robert Grasmere
- Hell On Earth – A look at the film’s score with Co-Composer Alan Howarth
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds with host Sean Clark
- Alternate Opening from TV Version
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer
1990 film Tremors is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray December
The 1990 film “Tremors“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Arrow Video, in a Limited Edition box set, as announced today on social media by the distributor. The film, directed by Ron Underwood, starred Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, Reba McEntire, Robert Jayne, Ariana Richards, Victor Wong, Richard Marcus, Tony Genaro, and Charlotte Stewart. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the OAR 1.85:1 (original aspect ratio) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. Sound on the release will be presented in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, restored, as well as 5.1 and 4.0 surround mixes — both in DTS-HD MA. The movie has received a new 4K restoration, that has been approved by the film’s director as quoted below.
“New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski”
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition set available for preorder over at Amazon as well as DiabolikDVD.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will span across 2 discs, and also include some physical extras pictured above as well as everything is detailed below.
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
Disc 1 extras:
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) extras:
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)”
1986 film The Golden Child makes Blu-ray debut December
The 1986 film “The Golden Child“ starring Eddie Murphy will be making its debut to the Blu-ray Disc format on December 1st via Paramount Presents. The film, directed by Michael Ritchie, co-starred J.L. Reate, Charles Dance, Charlotte Lewis, Victor Wong, Randall ‘Tex’ Cobb, Pons Maar, Eric Douglas, and James Hong. The film has received a new 4K remastered transfer.
“Newly remastered from a 4K film transfer, this hit action-comedy comes to Blu-ray for the first time as part of the Paramount Presents line. The limited-edition Paramount Presents Blu-ray Disc is presented in collectible packaging that includes a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments. The film will also be available on 4K Ultra HD Digital.”
The tech specs for the release have not yet been fully detailed, but hopefully, I’ll be able to give you a rundown on that soon. As I put in an inquiry to the studio about those. Also, there’s currently no preorder listing yet functional for the upcoming Blu-ray but a placeholder page is already up over at Amazon. You can sign up there to be notified when it becomes available, or wait for an update here, which will be coming.
This release, spine #11 in the series, will feature the beautiful packaging we have come to expect from the Paramount Presents line, complete with a fold-out mini theatrical poster (pictured below).
Below, you will find a list of the bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release.
- NEW Making of The Golden Child
- A Digital Copy of the film
- The theatrical trailer