Tag Archives: Venom
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on December 14th, via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, according to multiple retail sources. The film, directed by Andy Serkis, stars Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris, Reid Scott, and Stephen Graham.
UPDATE: This title has been officially announced by the studio [Sony] today (11/18). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart. Each version will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder at Amazon, as well as listed as “coming soon” over at retailer Best Buy, with both currently showing the 12/14 release date. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below), which now is listed as coming soon. It’s not yet a functional preorder listing, but keep checking back.
It’s also most certainly worth noting that retailer Target will be getting an exclusive Fan Art Edition release on Blu-ray (pictured below), which is now available for preorder. This version will include (what appears to be) six collectible cards featuring fan art.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Outtakes & Bloopers
- 6 Deleted Scenes
- Eddie & Venom: The Odd Couple: What happens when two beings inhabit one body? A whole lot of chaos. Tom Hardy, Andy Serkis, and the team of filmmakers talk all things Eddie and Venom.
- Sick and Twisted Cletus Kasady: Imagining this iconic and psychotic comic book villain for screen with Woody Harrelson, director Andy Serkis, and the production team.
- Concept to Carnage: Trace the design and animation of Carnage from comic book image to screen symbiotic.
- Let There Be… Action: Go on the set and experience the action of how Venom: Let There Be Carnage takes shape. From concept to stage, from green screen to film screen, follow the making of the film and see the intense stunts that were captured.
- And more!
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film, a 1-minute glimpse at the special features, and the announcement regarding the home video release.
The 2018 film “Venom” starring Tom Hardy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on December 18th via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, co-stars Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott, Jenny Slate, Melora Walters, and Woody Harrelson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the upcoming release, the cover art for the Blu-ray release, cover art for the two Steelbooks, and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.