Tag Archives: Teyonah Parris
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Candyman” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and produced by Jordan Peele & directed by Nia DaCosta, stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Colman Domingo, and Vanessa Williams. It’s most certainly worth noting, at the time of writing, that this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-66 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDING
- DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
- SAY MY NAME: Filmmakers and cast discuss how the horror at the center of Candyman is both timely and timeless, which is a tragedy in and of itself.
- BODY HORROR: We explore director Nia DaCosta’s influences in the subgenre of body horror, and what Anthony’s physical transformation means to the story.
- THE FILMMAKER’S EYE: NIA DACOSTA: Take a closer look at director Nia DaCosta, and how her singular voice and perspective were perfect to tell this story.
- PAINTING CHAOS: Filmmakers reveal how Anthony’s artwork evolves throughout the film and how they strived for authenticity in recreating Chicago’s vibrant art scene.
- THE ART OF ROBERT AIKI AUBREY LOWE: Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe reveals some of the unconventional methodology he used to create the unique and haunting soundscapes sounds of the film.
- TERROR IN THE SHADOWS: A behind-the-scenes look at how the analogue shadow puppetry scenes were created and an unpacking of why this ancient artistic medium was the most conceptually relevant for depicting the legends’ cycle of violence.
- CANDYMAN: THE IMPACT OF BLACK HORROR: A roundtable discussion moderated by Colman Domingo about the nuanced relationship Black Americans have with Candyman, the horror genre and the overall idea of monsters and victims.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.
The 2018 Barry Jenkins directed film “If Beale Street Could Talk“ coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Fox. The film, based on a book and nominated for 3 Oscars, stars KiKi Layne, Stephan James, Regina King, Colman Domingo, and Teyonah Parris. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film both included. There’s a pre-order listing live for the Blu-ray now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted scenes
- If Beale Street Could Talk: Poetry in Motion
- Audio Commentary by Barry Jenkins
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming release.