Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2011 animated DC Universe Movie “Batman: Year One“ will be getting a “Commemorative Edition” released to the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on November 9th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, co-directed by Sam Liu and Lauren Montgomery, featured the voice talents of Ben McKenzie, Bryan Cranston, Eliza Dushku, Jeff Bennett, Jon Polito, Alex Rocco, Katee Sackhoff, Grey Griffin, Robin Atkin Downes, and Stephen Root.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and the same lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound mix that was found on the previously released  Blu-ray. This set will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- NEW Featurette – Reinventing Gordon – An examination of the history of James Gordon through comics, animation, and feature films.
- Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics – The Batman creative team at DC discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors, and artists of Batman lore, focusing on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli.
- Audio Commentary – Featuring co-producer Alan Burnett, co-director Sam Liu, DC creative director Mike Carlin and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- Featurette – Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots – “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman’s life. Frank Miller’s next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary spotlights the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- DC Showcase – Catwoman (2011 Animated Short) – The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Eliza Dushku reprises her Batman: Year One role as the voice of Catwoman. The short is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One) from a script by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series).
- DC Universe Movies Flashbacks
- Batman: Soul of the Dragon
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this upcoming Commemorative Edition 4K physical release of the film.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Bombshell“ starring Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, and Margot Robbie is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Lionsgate. The film, based on a true story & directed by Jay Roach, co-stars John Lithgow, Allison Janney, Malcolm McDowell, Kate McKinnon, Connie Britton, Liv Hewson, Stephen Root, and Mark Duplass. UPDATED: Tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Yes, you read that correctly. The Blu-ray Disc will come in the form of a “combo pack” with it getting a DVD counterpart and digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “No Easy Truths: The Making of Bombshell” 7-Part Documentary
- “Convergence: Genesis of the Film” Featurette
- “Quid Pro Quo: Charlize, Nicole, Margot, John” Featurette
- “Human Dynamics: The Ensemble Cast” Featurette
- “Breaking the Fourth Wall: Visual Design” Featurette
- “Layer by Layer: Makeup, Hair & Clothing” Featurette
- “A Unique Skill Set: Jay Roach” Featurette
- “Catalyst for Change: Parting Thoughts” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
The 1998 TV mini-series “From the Earth to the Moon“ from executive producer Tom Hanks is slated to be coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 16th via HBO. This according to numerous listings on retailer sites. The mini-series featured Hanks as the host (narrator) and the included a cast of Nick Searcy, Lane Smith, David Andrews, Daniel Hugh Kelly, Chris Isaak, and Stephen Root. Tech specs for the 3-disc set include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio that has been digitally remastered with a lossless surround mix – presumably DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound (although not yet confirmed). There’s also no word yet on the bonus materials (if any) set to be included aside from a digital copy of the series (as shown on the artwork pictured above). Stay tuned for any further updates on this upcoming release. You can find the Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy.
The 2018 biographical drama “On the Basis of Sex“ starring Felicity Jones is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Universal – according to an early alert to a retailer. This movie is based on the real-life story of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. This was directed by Mimi Leder and features a supporting cast that includes Armie Hammer, Justin Theroux, Sam Waterston, Kathy Bates, Cailee Spaeny, and Stephen Root.
Tech specs and bonus materials for the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed. The title still has yet to be officially announced by the studio (Universal) for home video release, so stay tuned for confirmation and further details. It is also known that the release will include a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the Blu-ray available to pre-order now over at Amazon, Best Buy (where the release date is shown), and Walmart.
The 1999 Mike Judge written & directed film “Office Space“ starring Ron Livingston is getting a “20th Anniversary“ Blu-ray Disc release on January 8th, 2019 via Fox. This comedy co-starred Jennifer Aniston, David Herman, Ajay Naidu, Diedrich Bader, Stephen Root, and Gary Cole. The tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not been detailed, so I can’t say if it will feature a new video transfer or any new extras – as of now. Stay tuned for any further updates. As of now get to see the cover art via the pre-order listing for the Blu-ray over at Amazon. It is known (via the art) that this will include a Digital Copy of the film.