The 2004 horror film “Saw” — in its UNRATED form — will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 11th via Lionsgate, according to retailers. The film, directed by James Wan, starred Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Monica Potter, Shawnee Smith, Ken Leung, Dina Meyer, and Leigh Whannell. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, nor have the bonus materials for the release but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATES: The release date actually appears it will be May 11th, as noted, and not the week before as one retailer had been indicating. As of now, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
UPDATE: There’s now a 4K 2160p trailer for this UNRATED release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, touting the May 11 release date available over on the Lionsgate YouTube Channel and it’s found embedded below. More details soon.
UPDATE: the bonus materials set to be included on this release are as follows. On both the 4K and the included Blu-ray Disc you’ll get the extras listed below.
- “Game Changer: The Legacy of Saw” featurette [also on 4K disc]
- Audio Commentary with Director James Wan, actors Leigh Whannell and Cary Elwes [also on 4K disc]
- Audio Commentary with Producers Mark Burg, Gregg Hoffman and Oren Koules [also on 4K disc]
- The Original Saw Short Film
- Alternate Storyboard Sequence
- “Hacking Away at Saw” featurette
- Theatrical Trailer