The 2019 reboot of “The Twilight Zone“ hosted by Jordan Peele, in its first season (Season One), will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release on February 18th, 2020 via Paramount, according to retailers. The show, which aired on CBS All Access, has been renewed for a second season (next year). Here, in its first season, the show featured cast members like Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Sanaa Lathan, Steven Yeun, Greg Kinnear, John Cho, Jacob Tremblay, DeWanda Wise, Taissa Farmiga, Ginnifer Goodwin, Chris O’Dowd, Zazie Beetz, and Seth Rogen. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but it is known that it will be a 5-disc set – including all 10 episodes. I’ll be updating this story later on, once I get some more info regarding this release from the folks at Paramount (or CBS). Stay tuned. Until then, you can find the Blu-ray set is now listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Walmart.
Tag Archives: Seth Rogen
The R-rated coming of age comedy “Good Boys“ from director Gene Stupnitsky is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 12th via Universal. The film, produced by Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, and Evan Goldberg, features a cast of rowdy youngsters played by Jacob Tremblay, Keith L. Williams, Brady Noon, as well as Molly Gordon, Midori Francis, Josh Caras, and Will Forte. Tech specs include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- UNRATED ALTERNATE ENDING
- UNRATED DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
- Turtle vs. Tortoise
- Benji Don’t Like That
- Customer Service
- Ball Pit Shenanigans
- Tracking Molly
- Stealing a Glance
- Upsell Fail
- Max Explodes
- Best Friends
- Traffic Jam
- First Kiss Heartbreak
- GAG REEL
- BOYS FOR REAL – A look into the casting process and real-life friendships that evolved on-set.
- WELCOME TO VANCOUVER – Watch as Jacob Tremblay shows off some of his favorite things about his home town.
- A FINE LINE – Hear filmmakers and cast discuss how the film’s stars delivered such colorful dialogue without necessarily knowing what the words mean.
- ASK YOUR PARENTS – Cast and filmmakers talk about how they were able to navigate adult questions from curious child actors.
- BAD GIRLS – Molly Gordon and Midori Francis discuss how they were able to ramp up the mean, and how Annabelle was able to raise the comedy stakes.
- GUEST STARS – Take a closer look at some of the hilarious guest stars that lent their unique talents to the film.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR & CO-WRITER GENE STUPNITSKY AND PRODUCER & CO-WRITER LEE EISENBERG
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.
The 2019 live-action adaptation of “The Lion King” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Disney. The film, directed by Jon Favreau, features the voice talents of Donald Glover, Beyonce, Seth Rogen, John Oliver, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, John Kani, Keegan-Michael Key, Eric Andre, and Billy Eichner. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart (including extras), the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. There also will be a 4K Steelbook (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy, which you can also find available for preorder. In addition to that, retailer Target will be getting the typical exclusive Story Book (pictured below) style packaging that you can find up for preorder as well.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding those upcoming releases of the film.
The 2019 romantic comedy “Long Shot” starring Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron is coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 30th via Lionsgate, according to early alerts to retailers. The film, directed by Jonathan Levine, co-stars June Diane Raphael, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Bob Odenkirk, Andy Serkis, and Alexander Skarsgård. This movie received much critical acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes – at time of writing.
Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update when the title gets officially announced by Lionsgate. It is known that the release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a digital copy of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray for pre-order over at Best Buy. Meanwhile, Amazon also has the Blu-ray listed for pre-order. UPDATE: It appears no 4K UHD Blu-ray is coming out for this film, as the Best Buy listing has since been removed. Perhaps that was a misprint on their part. Once again, stay tuned for any updates regarding this release.
The AMC TV series “Preacher Season Three“ starring Dominic Cooper is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, according to an early alert to retailers. The show, created by Sam Catlin, Evan Goldberg, and Seth Rogen, co-stars Joseph Gilgun, Ruth Negga, Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Noah Taylor, and Julie Anne Emery.
Tech specs for the release from retailer source indicate that it will span across a 3-disc set, include a HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with 5.1 sound, and it will include a digital copy of the season. At time of writing there are no further details about the release such as bonus materials, nor is there a pre-order listing active over at Amazon. Stay tuned to this post as it will receive updates.
The 2018 film “Arizona” starring Rosemarie DeWitt and Danny McBride is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 16th via RLJ Entertainment. The film, directed by Jonathan Watson, also co-stars Luke Wilson, Elizabeth Gillies, Kaitlin Olson, David Alan Grier, Lolli Sorenson, and Seth Rogen. Tech specs for the release and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned. It is known (via the art pictured above) that the 4K release will also include a Blu-ray. The film is available for PRE-ORDER on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon. More information about RLJE acquiring the distribution rights to this film can be found in a story from back in May of this year over at Variety. Below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray cover art.