The 1989 action film “Blind Fury“ starring Rutger Hauer is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 12th, 2021, via Mill Creek Entertainment. This will be the first time that the film has been individually available on the format, here in North America. It had been previously released in a 3-film collection back in 2017. The film, directed by Phillip Noyce, co-starred Terry O’Quinn, Brandon Call, Noble Willingham, Lisa Blount, Nick Cassavetes, Rick Overton, Meg Foster, a Randall ‘Tex’ Cobb. Tech specs and bonus materials (if any) for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for a possible update on that. The release will come in a retro VHS-style slipcover form of packaging (pictured above). You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon — with commissions earned.
Tag Archives: Rutger Hauer
The 2019 Chinese film “Iron Mask“ (AKA “Journey to China: The Mystery of Iron Mask”) co-starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 24th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Oleg Stepchenko, co-stars Jason Flemyng, Yao Xingtong, Anna Churina, Charles Dance, and the late great Rutger Hauer in one of his final screen performances. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film included. UPDATE: You can now find this film on Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
No bonus materials are set to be included on the release. Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film on YouTube.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1992 film “Split Second“ starring the late Rutger Hauer is officially getting a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release on August 11th, via MVD Rewind Collection — as spine number 24. The film, directed by Tony Maylam, co-starred Kim Cattrall, Alastair Duncan, Michael J. Pollard, Alun Armstrong, and Pete Postlethwaite. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a newly scanned 4K master from the 35mm internegative, which has been restored and color graded, along with Linear PCM (LPCM) Stereo 2.0 lossless sound. The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, along with some details regarding it, can be found listed below.
- NEW! Audio Commentary by action film historian Mike Leeder and filmmaker Arne Venema
- NEW! “Great Big Bloody Guns!” Producer Laura Gregory & Actor Alastair (Neil) Duncan on Split Second (HD, 27:25)
- NEW! “Call Me Mr. Snips!” An Interview with Composer Stephen W. Parsons (HD, 22:21)
- NEW! “Stay In Line!” An Interview with Line Producer Laurie Borg (HD, 23:02)
- NEW! “More Blood!” An Interview with Creature Effects Designer Cliff Wallace (HD, 32:03)
- NEW! “Shoot Everything!” An Interview with Cinematographer Clive Tickner (HD, 18:57)
- Original 1992 Split Second “Making of” featurette that includes interviews with stars Rutger Hauer, Kim Cattrall, Alastair (Neil) Duncan, Michael J. Pollard, Writer Gary Scott Thompson and more! (SD, 6:26)
- Original 1992 behind the scenes featurette with effects creator Stephen Norrington, cast and crew (SD, 3:41)
- Split Second Japanese Cut, full frame with burnt-in Japanese subtitles (SD, 95:00)
- Deleted Scenes from the Japanese Cut (English, burnt-in Japanese subtitles) (SD, 4:42)
- 7 Promotional TV Clips (SD)
- U.S. VHS Home Video Promo (SD, 2:34)
- Theatrical Trailer (SD, 2:15)
Physical bonus material on the release are listed below:
- MVD EXCLUSIVE: Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Dude Designs created exclusively for this release
- Collectible Mini-Poster featuring original VHS style artwork
Below, after the break, you can find the full info regarding this upcoming release.
The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.