Tag Archives: Rupert Graves
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2005 film adaptation of “V for Vendetta” starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 3rd, via Warner. Some of you may remember me reporting this last month, and as of today, it has been confirmed via a press release from the studio. The film, directed by James McTeigue & based on the graphic novel (of the same title), had a screenplay adapted by The Wachowskis — Lana Wachowski & Lilly Wachowski — both best known for writing & directing “The Matrix” (1999). The film co-starred Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry, Rupert Graves, Tim Pigott-Smith, and John Hurt.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The movie has received a new scan according to the press release, quoted below.
“The 4K UHD release of V for Vendetta is from a new scan of the original camera negative.”
The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will receive its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Amazon will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Giftset (as pictured below) which is now available for preorder, oddly enough.
Retailer Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive release of the film in the form of a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, featuring some never-before-seen content, are listed below.
New Special Features on 4K UHD Disc:
- V for Vendetta Unmasked
- Natalie Portman’s Audition: Explore the depth of Evey’s character with Natalie Portman’s never-before-seen audition
- James McTeigue & Lana Wachowski in Conversation
Previously released Special Features on Blu-ray Disc:
- Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta – The cast and crew of V for Vendetta reveal the intense filmmaking process
- Designing the Near Future – A look at the artistic process of creating the frightening future world of V
- Remember, Remember: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot – The history behind the story of Guy Fawkes
- England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics – The origins of the original V story is illuminated
- Cat Power Montage – Cat Power song played under images of the film
- Theatrical Trailer
- Easter Egg: Hidden Bonus: Saturday Night Live Digital Short
Further below, after the break, you can find the full press release from today announcing the 4K release of the film.
The 2005 film adaptation of “V for Vendetta” starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 3rd, via Warner, according to sources. The film, directed by James McTeigue & based on the graphic novel (of the same title), had a screenplay adapted by The Wachowskis — Lana Wachowski & Lilly Wachowski — best known for both writing & directing “The Matrix” (1999). The film co-starred Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry, Rupert Graves, Tim Pigott-Smith, and John Hurt. The standard 4K UHD Blu-ray release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film.
Now, the reason that I kept calling that version the standard 4K is because there will also be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Giftset available over at Amazon which is already up and available for preorder (pictured below). This exclusive gift set seems to include not only cool packaging but also a collectible booklet about the film itself.
Final UPDATE: This title has now been officially announced and you can find more information in another post HERE on the site.
The 2020 film “Emma.“ starring Anya Taylor-Joy is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 19th, via Universal. The film, based on the classic Jane Austen novel and directed by Autumn de Wilde, co-stars Johnny Flynn, Bill Nighy, Callum Turner, Mia Goth, Josh O’Connor, Miranda Hart, Tanya Reynolds, Gemma Whelan, and Rupert Graves. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- A Playful Tease – Go behind the scenes with the talented cast of EMMA. as they share their experiences making the film.
- Crafting a Colorful World* – Cast and crew discuss the gorgeously preserved locations, extravagant set dressing, and authentic Regency costumes featured in EMMA..
- The Autumn Gaze* – An intimate look at director Autumn de Wilde’s filmmaking process and her photographic eye.
- Feature Commentary with Director Autumn de Wilde, Screenwriter Eleanor Catton, and Director of Photography Christopher Blauvelt
- * = Blu-ray and Digital Exclusives
Further below, after the break, you can find full details regarding the upcoming home video release of the film.
In an early alert to retailers BBC Studios has made it apparent they plan to bring the popular series “Sherlock: Season One” to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. The British show, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, premiered on the BBC back in 2010, and has run off-and-on for a total of four seasons (so far). With that being said, hopefully we’ll see more seasons of this show come to 4K next year. No tech specs yet, details on bonus materials or such, but stay tuned for an update, once BBC decides to officially announce the title. In the meantime, the PRE-ORDER is available over at Amazon now.