Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2011 animated DC Universe Movie “Batman: Year One“ will be getting a “Commemorative Edition” released to the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on November 9th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, co-directed by Sam Liu and Lauren Montgomery, featured the voice talents of Ben McKenzie, Bryan Cranston, Eliza Dushku, Jeff Bennett, Jon Polito, Alex Rocco, Katee Sackhoff, Grey Griffin, Robin Atkin Downes, and Stephen Root.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and the same lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound mix that was found on the previously released  Blu-ray. This set will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- NEW Featurette – Reinventing Gordon – An examination of the history of James Gordon through comics, animation, and feature films.
- Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics – The Batman creative team at DC discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors, and artists of Batman lore, focusing on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli.
- Audio Commentary – Featuring co-producer Alan Burnett, co-director Sam Liu, DC creative director Mike Carlin and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- Featurette – Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots – “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman’s life. Frank Miller’s next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary spotlights the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- DC Showcase – Catwoman (2011 Animated Short) – The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Eliza Dushku reprises her Batman: Year One role as the voice of Catwoman. The short is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One) from a script by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series).
- DC Universe Movies Flashbacks
- Batman: Soul of the Dragon
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this upcoming Commemorative Edition 4K physical release of the film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 Warner Bros. Animation original film “Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 31st, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, based on the popular video game franchise (“Mortal Kombat”), was directed by Ethan Spaulding. This film also is the sequel to “Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge“ from 2020 and will feature some of the same voice cast. The full voice cast here includes Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter, Jordan Rodrigues, Patrick Seitz, Artt Butler, Robin Atkin Downes, Dave B. Mitchell, Ikè Amadi, Grey Griffin, Fred Tatasciore, Matthew Mercer, Bayardo De Murguia, Matt Yang King, Paul Nakauchi, Emily O’Brien, and Debra Wilson.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray will both come with a digital code (copy of the film). Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation and the same DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound mix. The 4K releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart.
You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, there will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- The God and the Dragon: Battling for Earthrealm (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes and inside the creative process of bringing Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms to action-packed life on screen.
- Voices of Kombat (Featurette) – Join Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter, and the cast as they detail the process of creating unique and compelling voices for the larger than life characters in the film.
- Kombat Gags: Gag Reel (Featurette) – Step inside the VO booth with the cast of the film for all of the flubbed lines and outrageously improvised lines from the cutting room floor.
- Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Audio Commentary (Audio Only) – Producer Rick Morales and Screenwriter Jeremy Adams take the audience inside the art of writing and animating the film in this feature length audio commentary.
Further below, after the break, you can find the red band trailer and the full announcement regarding this home video release.
The 2016 DC Universe original animated film “Batman: The Killing Joke” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 11th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed. The bonus materials should be pretty much identical to the previous (2016) Blu-ray release. However, stay tuned for any updates regarding this release. The 4K will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. This now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.