Tag Archives: Robert Altman
The 1980 film adaption of “Popeye“ starring the late Robin Williams is making its debut to Blu-ray Disc on December 1st, via Paramount, to celebrate its 40th anniversary. The film, directed by Robert Altman and based on the characters created by E.C. Segar, co-starred Shelley Duvall (as “Olive Oyl”), Paul L. Smith (as “Bluto”), Ray Walston, Paul Dooley, Richard Libertini, Donald Moffat, and Wesley Ivan Hurt. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update on that. UPDATE: The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon.
The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film, as well as the bonus material detailed below.
“The new Blu-ray includes access to a Digital copy of the film, along with nearly 30 minutes of all-new bonus content featuring excerpts from one of Robin Williams’ final interviews, an interview with director Robert Altman from 2014, as well as a newly conducted interview with Stephen Altman. The full list of bonus features is below:”
- Return to Sweethaven: A Look Back with Robin and the Altmans
- The Popeye Company Players
- Popeye’s Premiere
- The Sailor Man Medleys
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the Blu-ray debut of this film.
The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman