The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2018 film “Venom” starring Tom Hardy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on December 18th via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, co-stars Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott, Jenny Slate, Melora Walters, and Woody Harrelson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the upcoming release, the cover art for the Blu-ray release, cover art for the two Steelbooks, and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.