Tag Archives: Riz Ahmed
The 2019 Japanese animated film “Weathering With You” will be receiving a 4K physical release in the “Deluxe Limited Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc set on November 17th via Shout! Factory / GKIDS. As mentioned this set will notably include an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc in the 4-disc set, as well as the Blu-ray Disc. Plus, there will be a Blu-ray bonus disc, the original CD soundtrack, a 104-page booklet, a mini-poster, and a decal sticker (pictured further below). The film, written & directed by Makoto Shinkai, features an English dub voice cast that includes Brandon Engman, Ashley Boettcher, Lee Pace, Alison Brie, and Riz Ahmed. This collector’s edition set will feature the same tech specs for the Blu-ray: a 1080p presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with both English & Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound mixes. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as both English & Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound mixes. The bonus materials, in addition to those found on the standard Blu-ray releases (coming September), will include further materials that have just been finalized — as I was told by the folks at Shout! Factory, along with the full tech specs today. Those bonus materials include the following.
Weathering With You (Collector’s Edition)
For the complete Weathering With You (Collector’s Edition) UHD experience, viewers will need a 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR and a UHD Blu-ray™ player.
- 4K UHD Presentation of Feature Film *
- CD Soundtrack *
- 104-page Book *
- Feature-Length Documentary “The Making of Weathering With You” *
- Mini-Poster *
- Decal Sticker *
- Interview with Director Makoto Shinkai
- “Weather Front” Featurette
- Talk Show: Makoto Shinkai and Yumiko Udo
- Director Filmography Featurette
- Trailers & TV Spots
* Indicates items exclusive to the Collector’s Edition
You can now find this Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Disc set available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Shout! Factory’s website. Below, you can find a glimpse at the contents for this collector’s edition Blu-ray set and its physical extras set (previously discussed) set to be included.
Further below, after the break, you can find even further details about this upcoming Collector’s Edition Blu-ray version of the film coming in November. That is not to be confused with the standard Blu-ray Disc releases (mentioned) coming in September.
The remaining films in the “Star Wars” film franchise – so far – are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st it seems, via Disney, according to retailer listings. There will first be a very lavish, expensive box set available (seemingly exclusive) at retailer Best Buy called “The Skywalker Saga” (pictured above) which is now available for preorder. That Skywalker Saga set will include Episodes 1-9 of the films, as well as two Blu-ray Disc counterparts for each film, filled with bonus materials – yet to be detailed. Stay tuned for further details regarding this release as it develops.
Now, as of today, there also are most certainly individual releases for Episodes 1-7 coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st as well as the film “Rogue One – A Star Wars Story” (2016). It’s certainly worth noting that these titles are now all listed over at retailer Best Buy, individually. So, as you’d expect I’ll be listing the films coming out in theatrical chronological order with direct links to the Best Buy preorder listings – not yet functional but currently placeholder pages. UPDATED: I am now adding Amazon preorder listings to this post as they are getting listed.
- “Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope” (1977)
- “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back” (1980)
- “Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi” (1983)
- “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace” (1999)
- “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones” (2002)
- “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” (2005)
- “Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens” (2015)
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (2016)
- “Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Rise of Skywalker” (2019)
NOTE: The final film in the Skywalker Saga (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”) has been announced officially, as you can read HERE in my previous news post regarding it. This story regarding the individual releases is still developing, so once again, stay tuned.
The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2018 film “Venom” starring Tom Hardy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on December 18th via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, co-stars Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott, Jenny Slate, Melora Walters, and Woody Harrelson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the upcoming release, the cover art for the Blu-ray release, cover art for the two Steelbooks, and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.