The 1982 William Lustig directed film “Vigilante“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Blue Underground. The film starred Robert Forster, Fred Williamson, Richard Bright, Rutanya Alda, Woody Strode, Joe Spinell, and Willie Colón. The film has received a new 4K restoration, specifically a “4K 16-bit from the original 35mm camera negative” according to the press release. Tech specs for the release include a 2160p presentation in 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, and 2.0 sound mixes. The limited edition release will come with its Blu-ray counterpart. There’s no preorder listing yet for this 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Amazon but stay tuned for an update. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig and Co-Producer Andrew Garroni
- Audio Commentary #2 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig and Stars Robert Forster, Fred Williamson and Frank Pesce
- NEW! Audio Commentary #3 with Film Historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- NEW! Blue Collar DEATH WISH – Interviews with Writer Richard Vetere, Star Rutanya Alda, Associate Producer/First A.D./Actor Randy Jurgensen, and others
- NEW! Urban Western – Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spot
- Promotional Reel
- Poster & Still Galleries
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K release of this film.