The 1987 Paul Verhoeven directed film “RoboCop” will be getting Limited Edition box set and Steelbook Blu-ray Disc releases on November 26th via Arrow Video. The film starred Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O’Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Ray Wise, and Kurtwood Smith. The tech specs for the limited edition Blu-ray included 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a director-approved 4K restoration with lossless Stereo and 4.0 as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. This release will include both the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film. You can find the Limited Edition Blu-ray box set and the Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray (pictured below) both available for pre-order now over at Amazon.
The Limited Edition Blu-ray box set version will include some physical bonus materials in the form of a booklet, a reversible sleeve, six collectible postcards, and a double-sided fold-out poster (pictured below).
Below, after the break, you can find details about this 4K restoration, the audio mixes, and finally see a full list of the bonus materials set to be included on the 2-disc set.
A “Twin Peaks: From Z to A“ box set is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 10th via CBS and Paramount. This set will include the entire TV series from 1990 and the TV series from 2017, as well as the movies “Fire Walk With Me” (1992) and “Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces” (2014). The show, co-created by Mark Frost and David Lynch, starred Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Mädchen Amick, Richard Beymer, Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton, James Marshall, Jack Nance, Joan Chen, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Eric DaRe, Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, and Ray Wise.
This set will be a limited edition run with only 25,000 produced. Tech specs have not yet been fully detailed for the set but stay tuned for a possible update. There will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray disc included in this set that features two episodes restored in 4K, via transfers overseen by David Lynch.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order for the “From Z to A“ Blu-ray box set over at Amazon. There’s going to be some really elaborate packaging for this release which you can have a closer look at HERE and below.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that a “Twin Peaks: The Television Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set will also be released on October 15th (pictured below). UPDATE: That set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the “Twin Peaks: From Z to A” set are listed below.
Newly-Produced Special Features And Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will include over six hours of all-new special features:
- From the extensive behind-the-scenes footage of David Lynch making the A Limited Event Series (shot primarily by Jason S), 20-30 minute (approx.) pieces titled “Behind the Curtain” were edited and are included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A rare newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with longtime David Lynch collaborator Kristine McKenna to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks as well as Fire Walk With Me.
- In a newly-produced featurette, fans can go “On the Couch” with Harry and Kimmy as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories.
- As an additional treat for fans of A Limited Event Series, a compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of The Roadhouse Bar musical performances.
- 4K Ultra HD Upgrades
Highlighting the visual artistry and sound design of two seminal episodes/parts, a special 4K UHD disc will be included that features a new ultra-high def transfer overseen by David Lynch of both versions of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, as well as the “phenomenal” (The New York Times) and “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series.
- TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray Disc set releases of this show.
The 2016 DC Universe original animated film “Batman: The Killing Joke” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 11th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed. The bonus materials should be pretty much identical to the previous (2016) Blu-ray release. However, stay tuned for any updates regarding this release. The 4K will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. This now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.