Tag Archives: Ray Wise
Amazon Commissions Earned
1987 film RoboCop comes to 4K UHD Blu-ray in April
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1987 film “RoboCop” will be getting both a 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition box set and a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on April 12th, 2022 via Arrow Video. The film, directed by Paul Verhoeven, starred Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O’Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Ray Wise, and Kurtwood Smith.
This movie has received a director-approved 4K restoration, as noted below.
“4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven”
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range along with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, 4.0 (four-channel) surround, and 5.1 surround lossless sound mixes. This release will include both the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film.
UPDATES: The release date has been pushed back from March to now April. No reason has been given as to why. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition set and the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) both available for preorder over at Amazon.
As mentioned, there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition box set available and it contains some physical extras (pictured below). These physical contents are detailed a bit further below.
The full tech specs, bonus materials, and details about the physical extras included are all listed below.
4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven
- Newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film on two 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray discs with Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound options on both cuts
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
- Six collector’s postcards (Limited Edition exclusive)
- Double-sided fold-out poster (Limited Edition exclusive)
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork (Limited Edition exclusive)
- 80-page Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Omar Ahmed, Christopher Griffiths and Henry Blyth, a 1987 Fangoria interview with Rob Bottin, and archive publicity materials (some contents exclusive to Limited Edition)
DISC ONE – DIRECTOR’S CUT
- Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Director’s Cut)
- Commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
- Commentary by fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
- The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop, an interview with co-writer Michael Miner
- RoboTalk, a conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke (writer of Elle) and Nicholas McCarthy (director of Orion Pictures’ The Prodigy)
- Truth of Character, an interview with star Nancy Allen on her role as Lewis
- Casting Old Detroit, an interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the film’s ensemble cast was assembled
- Connecting the Shots, an interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoeven collaborator Mark Goldblatt
- Analog, a featurette focusing on the special photographic effects, including new interviews with Peter Kuran and Kevin Kutchaver
- More Man Than Machine: Composing RoboCop, a tribute to composer Basil Poledouris featuring film music experts Jeff Bond, Lukas Kendall, Daniel Schweiger and Robert Townson
- RoboProps, a tour of super-fan Julien Dumont’s collection of original props and memorabilia
- 2012 Q&A with the Filmmakers, a panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen, star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
- RoboCop: Creating A Legend, Villains of Old Detroit, Special Effects: Then & Now, three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew
- Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg
- Four deleted scenes
- The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
- Director’s Cut Production Footage, raw dailies from the filming of the unrated gore scenes, presented in 4K (SDR)
- Two theatrical trailers and three TV spots
- Extensive image galleries
DISC TWO – THEATRICAL CUT
- Commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for Theatrical version of the film)
- Two Isolated Score tracks (Composer’s Original Score and Final Theatrical Mix)
- Edited-for-television version of the film, featuring alternate dubs, takes and edits of several scenes (95 mins, SD only)
- Split screen comparisons between the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut, and the Theatrical Cut and edited-for-TV version
- RoboCop: Edited for Television, a compilation of alternate scenes from two edited-for-television versions, including outtakes newly transferred in HD from recently unearthed 35mm elements
This release will only include two 4K UHD Blu-ray Discs and not the Blu-ray Disc counterparts. That Blu-ray of the 4K restoration was previously released back in 2019 in a limited edition set. Just be aware this is not what is often referred to as a “combo pack.”
Animated film To Your Last Death comes to Blu-ray
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2019 animated film “To Your Last Death” is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 6th via Quiver Films. The film, directed by Jason Axinn, features the voice talents of Morena Baccarin, William Shatner, Ray Wise, Dani Lennon, and Bill Moseley. It’s certainly worth noting that the film has been well received so far judging from ratings on IMDb and critics’ reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. You can now find the preorder listing for the Blu-ray available over at Amazon. Bonus materials, over four hours in length and set to be included via a digital redemption code, are listed below.
- Audio commentary with director Jason Axinn
- A Zoom panel with Axinn, star Dani Lennon and others
- An interview with star William Shatner
- Interviews and behind the scenes with stars Morena Baccarin, Ray Wise, Bill Moseley, Dani Lennon and Florence Hartigan
- A behind the scenes reel
- Comic-Con panels
- An animation demo with lead animator Mohammad Ali Sharifpour
- Unused artwork and animation
- Crowdfunding highlights
- Featurettes on the development of the film
- and more.
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for this film on YouTube.
RoboCop [Limited Edition] – Blu-ray Review
Amazon Commissions Earned
RoboCop [Limited Edition] – Blu-ray Screenshots
RoboCop Limited Edition Blu-ray in November
The 1987 Paul Verhoeven directed film “RoboCop” will be getting Limited Edition box set and Steelbook Blu-ray Disc releases on November 26th via Arrow Video. The film starred Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O’Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Ray Wise, and Kurtwood Smith. The tech specs for the limited edition Blu-ray included 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a director-approved 4K restoration with lossless Stereo and 4.0 as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. This release will include both the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film. You can find the Limited Edition Blu-ray box set and the Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray (pictured below) both available for pre-order now over at Amazon.
The Limited Edition Blu-ray box set version will include some physical bonus materials in the form of a booklet, a reversible sleeve, six collectible postcards, and a double-sided fold-out poster (pictured below).
Below, after the break, you can find details about this 4K restoration, the audio mixes, and finally see a full list of the bonus materials set to be included on the 2-disc set.
Twin Peaks From Z to A boxset comes to Blu-ray
A “Twin Peaks: From Z to A“ box set is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 10th via CBS and Paramount. This set will include the entire TV series from 1990 and the TV series from 2017, as well as the movies “Fire Walk With Me” (1992) and “Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces” (2014). The show, co-created by Mark Frost and David Lynch, starred Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Mädchen Amick, Richard Beymer, Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton, James Marshall, Jack Nance, Joan Chen, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Eric DaRe, Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, and Ray Wise.
This set will be a limited edition run with only 25,000 produced. Tech specs have not yet been fully detailed for the set but stay tuned for a possible update. There will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray disc included in this set that features two episodes restored in 4K, via transfers overseen by David Lynch.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order for the “From Z to A“ Blu-ray box set over at Amazon. There’s going to be some really elaborate packaging for this release which you can have a closer look at HERE and below.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that a “Twin Peaks: The Television Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set will also be released on October 15th (pictured below). UPDATE: That set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the “Twin Peaks: From Z to A” set are listed below.
Newly-Produced Special Features And Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will include over six hours of all-new special features:
- From the extensive behind-the-scenes footage of David Lynch making the A Limited Event Series (shot primarily by Jason S), 20-30 minute (approx.) pieces titled “Behind the Curtain” were edited and are included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A rare newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with longtime David Lynch collaborator Kristine McKenna to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks as well as Fire Walk With Me.
- In a newly-produced featurette, fans can go “On the Couch” with Harry and Kimmy as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories.
- As an additional treat for fans of A Limited Event Series, a compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of The Roadhouse Bar musical performances.
- 4K Ultra HD Upgrades
Highlighting the visual artistry and sound design of two seminal episodes/parts, a special 4K UHD disc will be included that features a new ultra-high def transfer overseen by David Lynch of both versions of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, as well as the “phenomenal” (The New York Times) and “horrifyingly beautiful” (Vulture) Part 8 of A Limited Event Series.
- TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will also include all existing special features from the previous releases of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (including The Missing Pieces) and Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, culminating in over 20 total hours of new and existing special feature content.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray Disc set releases of this show.
DC Universe film “Batman: The Killing Joke” on 4K UHD Blu-ray in September
The 2016 DC Universe original animated film “Batman: The Killing Joke” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 11th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed. The bonus materials should be pretty much identical to the previous (2016) Blu-ray release. However, stay tuned for any updates regarding this release. The 4K will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. This now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.