Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 prequel “The King’s Man” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on February 22nd via 20th Century Studios (Disney). The film, co-written and directed by Matthew Vaughn, stars Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance. This film is a prequel to the films “Kingsman: The Secret Service” (2014) and “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” (2016).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in 2.39:1 and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release of the film will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray counterpart. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over retailers Best Buy and Target. It’s also worth noting that retailers will have some 4K UHD Blu-ray exclusives for this, with Best Buy getting a three-movie “The Kingsman Collection” SteelBook set (pictured below), while retailer Target will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray “Gallery Book” packaging for “The King’s Man” (pictured a bit below), and finally retailer Walmart will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray for the film with different artwork on the slipcover (pictured further below). All of these retailer exclusives, with the exception of the Walmart one, are available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the latter one.
The bonus materials set to be included with the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film are listed below.
- The King’s Man: The Great Game Begins Documentary
- A Generation Lost – Discover how the filmmakers created a richly textured story that explores the origins of the Kingsman spy organization.
- Oxfords and Rogues – Meet the phenomenal new cast of characters Matthew Vaughn has assembled.
- All the World’s a Stage – Delve into the meticulous world-building of THE KING’S MAN with interviews, on-location footage, artwork, and details of on-set construction and design.
- Instruments of War – Experience the analog spy tech and early 20th century weaponry utilized in THE KING’S MAN and see a breakdown of the precise execution and evolution of the major stunts and combat in the film.
- Fortune Favors the Bold – Join Matthew Vaughn and his team for music scoring and sound design.
- Long Live the Kingsman – Cast and crew reveal their thoughts about their collective journey through the very special experience of making THE KING’S MAN.
- No Man’s Land – Experience the creative process behind the harrowing knife battle sequence in several stages: rehearsals, storyboards, interviews and on-set footage, culminating with the atmospheric VFX.
- Remembrance and Finding Purpose – Learn about amazing organizations such as The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, two U.K.-based resources for recovery, well-being and employment for military veterans. Also hear why Matthew Vaughn strongly supports their mission.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 James Bond film “No Time to Die” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 21st via MGM (distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The film, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, starred Daniel Craig (in his final role as “Bond”), Léa Seydoux, Rami Malek, Lashana Lynch, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Jeffrey Wright, and Christoph Waltz. It is most certainly worth noting that this is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes at the time of writing.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and both will come with a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon.
Retailer Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- ANATOMY OF A SCENE: MATERA – In true Bond fashion, there is an incredible pre-credit sequence featured in No Time To Die. A breathless chase shot in Matera that starts on foot, then motorcycle, then car. Not just any car either – the iconic Aston Martin DB5! Through interviews with Daniel Craig and director Cary Joji Fukunaga, plus on-set interviews with key members of the crew, we discover how the filmmakers shot this breathtaking sequence.
- KEEPING IT REAL: THE ACTION OF NO TIME TO DIE – In a world full of CGI-heavy action films, the Bond franchise proudly stands out from the crowd for always shooting practical stunts, without the use of special effects. In this piece we see how No Time To Die continues with this tradition with its amazing action sequences.
- A GLOBAL JOURNEY – Exotic locations are synonymous with all Bond movies and No Time To Die is no different. As well as returning to Bond’s spiritual home, Jamaica, for Daniel Craig’s final outing, we also go on a global journey taking in Italy, Norway and Scotland. We’ll hear from Daniel Craig, Cary Fukunaga, other key cast and filmmakers, on what it was like filming at these spectacular locations.
- DESIGNING BOND – Production designer Mark Tildesley and costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb, along with cast and other filmmakers, discuss the inspiration, challenges and trials of concepting and making such remarkable sets and costumes for the iconic Bond franchise.
- BEING JAMES BOND* – In this special 45-minute retrospective, Daniel Craig candidly reflects on his 15-year adventure as James Bond. Including never-before-seen archival footage from Casino Royale to the 25th film No Time To Die, Craig shares his personal memories in conversation with 007 producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, in the lead up to his final performance as James Bond.
*4K UHD Only
Further below, after the break, you can find the official trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The film “Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone“ will get a 20th Anniversary 8-Film Collector’s Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray box set on November 2nd via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The extravagant box set, being released to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the first (2001) film in the franchise, will be packaged in a replica of the “Hogwart’s Express” train (as pictured above). The 8 films in the franchise set to be included with the set are listed below.
- “Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone” (2001)
- “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” (2002)
- “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” (2004)
- “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” (2005)
- “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” (2007)
- “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” (2009)
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1” (2010)
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” (2011)
The tech specs for the releases should include the previous 2160p video presentations in the original aspect ratios with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X sound for each film. This set will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart in 1080p HD. All of this spanning across a 17-disc set. It’s unclear if a digital copy of each film will be included or not here, yet, but stay tuned for a possible update on that soon. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray Anniversary 8-Film Collector’s Edition set available for preorder now over at Amazon. The bonus materials included with the release are detailed a bit further below, including some physical extras such as a Hogwart’s Express ticket and a 32-page behind-the-scenes collectible booklet.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “Dolittle” starring Robert Downey, Jr. is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 7th, via Universal. The film, based on the story of “Dr. Dolittle” & directed by Stephen Gaghan, co-starred/featured the voice talents of Antonio Banderas, Michael Sheen, Jim Broadbent, Emma Thompson, Rami Malek, John Cena, Kumail Nanjiani, Octavia Spencer, Tom Holland, Craig Robinson, Ralph Fiennes, Selena Gomez, and Marion Cotillard. The tech specs for the 4K include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Talk to the Animals
- RDJ & Harry: Mentor and Mentee
- Becoming the Good Doctor
- Antonio Banderas: Pirate King
- The Wicked Dr. Medfly
- A Most Unusual House
– commissions earned-
The 2014 Wes Anderson directed-film “The Grand Budapest Hotel“ will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release from The Criterion Collection on April 28th. The film, previously released on Blu-ray from Universal back in 2014, featured a cast of Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, and Bill Murray. The tech specs for the new Criterion Blu-ray include a 2K digital transfer, supervised by Wes Anderson, presented in 1080p HD video in a variety of aspect ratios (1.37:1, 1.85:1, and 2.40:1) with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The Criterion Collection Blu-ray of the film is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via the Criterion website. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- New audio commentary featuring Anderson, filmmaker Roman Coppola, and actor Jeff Goldblum
- Selected-scene storyboard animatics
- The Making of “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” a new documentary about the film
- New interviews with the cast and crew
- Video essays from 2015 and 2020 by critic Matt Zoller Seitz and film scholar David Bordwell
- Behind-the-scenes, special-effects, and test footage
- PLUS: Two pieces by critic Richard Brody and (with the Blu-ray) a double-sided poster and other ephemera
- New cover by Emma Wesley
A “007: The Daniel Craig Collection“ box set is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 22nd via MGM, according to an early retailer alert. The set contains FOUR of the “007” films that starred Daniel Craig (so far). It’s a bit unclear why they’re choosing to reuse the title again, the same as the Blu-ray set (released earlier this year) when another film has been announced and is coming in 2020? Oh well, “hindsight is 20/20” or perhaps 2020 in this case. However, I digress.
This set does include the following films: “Casino Royale” (2006) directed by Martin Campbell, “Quantum of Solace” (2008) directed by Marc Forster, “Skyfall” (2012) and “Spectre” (2015) directed by Sam Mendes. These films co-starred Judi Dench, Eva Green, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffrey Wright, Giancarlo Giannini, Caterina Murino, Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amalric, Gemma Arterton, Javier Bardem, Bérénice Marlohe, Albert Finney, Christoph Waltz, Léa Seydoux, Ralph Fiennes, Monica Bellucci, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, and Dave Bautista. I know that was rather lengthy but well, someone had to give credit to all of these actors and refresh your memory a bit as well.
The release will come as an 8-Disc set “combo pack” with Blu-ray Discs included for each film (likely to also house the original bonus materials) as well as digital code (copy) of each film. Speaking of which, so far there has not been an official announcement (sent to me) regarding this and as a result, we have no info regarding tech specs or if any new extras will be included on this [doubtful]. Stay tuned though, as I will keep this post updated. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Lastly, the release is said to include an “Extended UNRATED” version of the first film featuring Craig (Casino Royale). This has never been featured on the Blu-ray and seems to perhaps be a 4K exclusive? We shall see. Again, stay tuned.
The 2018 film “Holmes & Watson“ starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 9th, via Sony. The film, written and directed by Etan Coen, co-stars Ralph Fiennes, Lauren Lapkus, Kelly Macdonald, Rebecca Hall, Rob Brydon, and Steve Coogan. The tech specs for the Blu-ray haven’t been yet been detailed (in the press release) but you can likely expect 1080p video in the original 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film included. You can find the Blu-ray available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Line-O-Rama: Watch improv come alive as the actors embrace the Sherlock Holmes canon
- Deleted Scenes
- “I Seem to Have Forgotten My Hat”
- “Did You Hear the Good News”
- “Mrs. Hudson’s Lovers”
- “You Caught Me in A Micro Nap”
- “Sherlock In Love”
- “Carriage Song”
- “Extend Autopsy”
- “Carriage Ride”
- “Feces Merchant”
- “He’s Got One Arm for God Sakes, Catch Him”
- “That Room Is A Sanctuary”
- “Reading My Diary?”
- “We’re Here to Seduce”
- “Is It an Eyepatch?”
- “The Killer’s Next Move Is Elementary”
- “That’s Not the First Anus You’ve Seen Today”
- “I’m Going to Kill the Queen”
- “Calling the Hive to Battle”
- Will and John: Together Again: Nearly Step Brothers, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly possess and an incredible comedic chemistry. Watch their antics on the set of Holmes and Watson as they reminisce about their hilarious history.
- Seriously Absurd: The Cast: Serious about the craft of acting, Rebecca Hall, Lauren Lapkus and Ralph Fiennes and Billy Zane attempt to keep straight faces working on a set with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.
- Mrs. Hudson’s Men: The world’s foremost artists, scientists and authors could not resist the allure of Mrs. Hudson.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming release.
The 1993 Steven Spielberg directed film “Schindler’s List” has received a 4K restoration which is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 18th via Universal – as a “25th Anniversary Edition” release. The film, which won a total of 7 Academy Awards, featured a cast of Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz, Caroline Goodall, and Jonathan Sagall.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray included (for bonus materials as well). Both the 4K and Blu-ray will include a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray versions of the “25th Anniversary Edition” are now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. The Bonus materials will include new featurettes as well as the previous Blu-ray and DVD extras. The bonus materials set to be included can be found listed below.
- New Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later – Director Steven Spielberg joins Actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz, and Caroline Goodall at the Tribeca Film Festival to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
- New USC Shoah Foundation Story with Steven Spielberg
- Voices from the List – A feature-length documentary with testimonies from Holocaust survivors and archival footage.
- Let Their Testimonies Speak – Stronger Than Hate
- About IWitness (2018)
- And More…
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the “25th Anniversary Edition” theatrical release and the Blu-ray Disc cover art.