The 2000 film “Almost Famous“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a limited edition SteelBook on July 13th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, both written and directed by Cameron Crowe, starred Patrick Fugit, Kate Hudson, Billy Crudup, Jason Lee, Anna Paquin, Zooey Deschanel, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jimmy Fallon, and Frances McDormand.
UPDATE: So, as I promised you before, today Paramount has officially announced the upcoming releases of this film. Yes, releases, plural. You’ll hear more about the Blu-ray via Paramount Presents, spine #21 in the series, a bit further below. First off though, let’s discuss the 4K UHD Blu-ray limited-edition SteelBook. Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio. The movie has been remastered from a new 4K transfer that was supervised by Cameron Crowe. The 4K release will be a 2-disc set with both The Theatrical Cut (available for the first time) on the first disc and “The Bootleg Cut” on the second disc. The 4K SteelBook release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film, and it will NOT include a Blu-ray Disc counterpart. Below, you can find a glimpse (via Cameron Crowe in a tweet) of the 4K SteelBook’s interior artwork.
- Filmmaker Focus — Cameron Crowe on Almost Famous—NEW!
- Casting & Costumes — NEW!
- Rock School — NEW!
- Extended Scenes — NEW!
- Odds & Sods — NEW!
- Audio Commentary with Cameron Crowe and Friends (Bootleg cut)
- Intro by Cameron Crowe
- The Making of Almost Famous
- Interview with Lester Bangs (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- Cameron Crowe’s Top Albums of 1973
- “Fever Dog” music video
- “Loves Comes and Goes” (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- Rolling Stone Articles (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- B-Sides (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- Cleveland Concert (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- “Small Time Blues”
- Stairway (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Hidden Talent (Unhidden Easter Eggs)
Also, as I mentioned a bit earlier, there will be a Paramount Presents Blu-ray release of the film available as well on July 13th, pictured below, using this new remaster of the film. You can find that Paramount Presents Blu-ray also now available for preorder over at Amazon. Tech specs for that include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound, spanning across 2 discs with the first getting The Theatrical Cut (making its Blu-ray debut) and the second disc getting “The Bootleg Cut” of the film. The bonus materials will be identical to those listed above, as well as include a digital code (copy) of the film.
Lastly, if you’re subscribed to Rolling Stone there’s a featured story regarding Cameron Crowe discussing how he’s expanding the soundtrack for the film in the month of July as well, which you can read about here.