Tag Archives: Pete Davidson
The Suicide Squad – 4K UHD Blu-ray Screenshots
Amazon Commissions Earned
The Suicide Squad on 4K and Blu-ray in October
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “The Suicide Squad” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 26th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, written and directed by James Gunn, stars Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, John Cena, Joel Kinnaman, Peter Capaldi, David Dastmalchian, Daniela Melchior, Michael Rooker, Alice Braga, Pete Davidson, Nathan Fillion, Flula Borg, Jai Courtney, Steve Agee, Sean Gunn, and features the voice of Sylvester Stallone.
UPDATED: The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.90:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the same 1.90:1 aspect ratio and with the same Dolby Atmos sound. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
Retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive release of the 4K UHD Blu-ray in SteelBook form (pictured below) that is also available for preorder.
The releases are both going to each come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart. Both will also include a digital code (copy) of the film that is confirmed to be compatible with Movies Anywhere. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- Gotta Love the Squad
- The Way of The Gunn
- It’s a Suicide Mission Scene Breakdown
- My Guns Bigger Than Yours Scene Breakdown
- Harley’s Great Escape Scene Breakdown
- The Fall of Jotunheim Scene Breakdown
- Starro: It’s a Freakin Kaiju!
- Bringing King Shark To Life
- War Movie Retro Trailer
- Horror Movie Retro Trailer
- Buddy-Cop Retro Trailer
- Directors Commentary by Director/Writer James Gunn
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding both the digital and physical releases of this film.
The King of Staten Island – Blu-ray Review
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The King of Staten Island – Blu-ray Screenshots
-Amazon Commissions Earned-
CONTEST: Win The King of Staten Island on Blu-ray
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
Contest time again at High Def Disc News and this time we are going to be giving away ONE copy of the upcoming August 25th release of “The King of State Island“ on Blu-ray from Universal. Below you can find the full list of details on how you can enter this contest.
The King of Staten Island on Blu-ray August
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “The King of Staten Island“ starring Pete Davidson is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 25th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed & co-written by Judd Apatow, co-starred Marisa Tomei, Bill Burr, Steve Buscemi, Bel Powley, and Maude Apatow. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDINGS (WHICH DIDN’T WORK!)
- DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- THE KID FROM STATEN ISLAND – Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow sit down for a discussion about the movie, their experiences working together, and what it meant to film a movie inspired by Pete’s life. Also hear from Pete’s family, friends, and cast members who shed more light on the kid from Staten Island.
- JUDD APATOW’S PRODUCTION DIARIES – Director Judd Apatow speaks to camera, giving the daily “scoop” on set and discussing the scenes at hand.
- YOU’RE NOT MY DAD: WORKING WITH BILL BURR – Judd Apatow discusses how Bill Burr was perfect for the role of “Ray Bishop” while Bill discusses his favorite moments acting alongside Pete Davidson and the meaningful relationship that their characters form.
- MARGIE KNOWS BEST: WORKING WITH MARISA TOMEI – Judd Apatow describes the honor he had of working with Marisa Tomei who plays Pete Davidson’s fictional mom “Margie.” Pete, his mom Amy Davidson, and other cast and crew also describe their amazement at Marisa’s ability to nail the role and the joy of having her on set.
- FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS: WORKING WITH BEL POWLEY – Bel Powley describes her friendship with Pete Davidson, getting the role of “Kelsey” in the film, and what it was like navigating her character’s push and pull relationship with “Scott.”
- SIBLING RIVALRY: WORKING WITH MAUDE APATOW – Maude Apatow discusses what it was like playing “Claire,” a character based on Pete Davidson’s real sister. Also, Pete and Judd Apatow discuss the real elements of the brother/sister relationship that are reflected in the movie.
- BEST FRIENDS: WORKING WITH RICKY, MOISES, & LOU – Ricky Velez, Moises Arias, and Lou Wilson discuss their characters, the chemistry of Scott’s “best friend” group, and what it was like working with each other on set.
- PAPA: WORKING WITH STEVE BUSCEMI – Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson, and filmmakers reveal why Steve Buscemi was the perfect man for the part of “Papa,” and discuss the integral role his character plays in the film.
- FRIENDS OF FIREFIGHTERS STAND-UP BENEFIT – Watch the benefit comedy show—featuring Bill Burr, Ricky Velez, and Lynne Koplitz—that Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson hosted while filming THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND. All proceeds went to the Friends of Firefighters organization.
- SCOTT DAVIDSON TRIBUTE – Scott Davidson was a member of the FDNY and was tragically lost on September 11th, 2001. Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson and his family, plus former friends and co-workers of Scott, share stories in honor of the man they knew.
- OFFICIAL TRAILER
- WHO IS PETE DAVIDSON? – Pete Davidson’s family, friends, and the filmmakers discuss their hopes of what will come from the release of The King of Staten Island, while Pete and Judd share why it was so important to Pete to make this film.
- THE FIREHOUSE – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss what it was like shooting scenes in a real firehouse and the responsibility they felt to capture the environment authentically.
- PETE’S CASTING RECS – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss how Pete’s decision to cast a large group of his friends was beneficial to achieving the goal of the movie. Plus, Pete’s friends discuss their relationships with Pete and their experiences working on the film.
- PETE’S ‘POPPY’ (GRANDPA) – Judd Apatow shares his experiences directing Pete Davidson’s grandfather in his acting debut.
- VIDEO CALLS
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR/CO-WRITER JUDD APATOW AND ACTOR/CO-WRITER PETE DAVIDSON
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the full announcement issued today regarding the upcoming release of this film on home video.
The Angry Birds Movie 2 comes to 4K and Blu-ray
The 2019 animated sequel “The Angry Birds Movie 2” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 12th via Sony. The film, based on the video game (“Angry Birds”) and directed by Thurop Van Orman, features the voice talents Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones, Bill Hader, Rachel Bloom, Awkwafina, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez, Danny McBride, Peter Dinklage, and Pete Davidson. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The releases will both come in form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy of the film). The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- ALL-NEW MINI MOVIE! – “Live Stream”: When Silver attempts her first livestream, Red is the ultimate Angry Bird while the adorable Hatchlings get into mischief.
- 6 Classic Hatchling Mini Movies
- DIY Family Fun!:
- “Hangry Birds: Popcorn Balls”: No need to be angry or hangry with this simple, fun cooking tutorial. Follow along to make Red’s go-to comfort food and enjoy these tasty popcorn balls at home.
- “Smarty Birds: Crafty Volcano”: From the volcano on Eagle Island, Zeta plots her sinister plan and sends her lava balls flying. But why should Zeta have all the fun? Build your own volcano and watch it erupt combining crafts and science in this brainy how-to video!
- “Crafty Birds: Pig Snot!”: Ready to roll up your sleeves and get a little messy? It’s time to mix a few ingredients and create your very own pig snot (slime!). Just make sure to keep it away from Bomb…he likes to drink it. (Eeeew!)
- “Bird Watching”: In this hilarious “birds-eye” view of the real-life species that inspired the artists, we take a trip to the LA ZOO to get up close and personal with real-life Mighty Eagles, Blue Birds, Toucans, and more. With fun reactions from the cast intercut throughout the piece – get ready to laugh, learn and meet some amazing avian friends
- “Meet The New Birds & Pigs”: Join the returning cast and meet the unique new cast members giving voice to the hilarious characters in Angry Birds 2. In exclusive BTS recording sessions and interviews, we’ll see how Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Eugenio Derbez, and Sterling K. Brown bring these unforgettable characters to life.
- “Hatching the Hatchlings”: The Hatchlings are soooooo cute! And in Angry Birds 2, we get to join them on their very own adventure! Meet these mischievous little troublemakers as we talk to filmmakers about the creation of the Hatchlings and their expanded storyline in the film, and hear from cast members about their love for these adorable baby birds.
- “Flocking Together: Making The Angry Birds Movie 2”: Go behind the scenes with the flock of talented artists who worked together to make The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- “Happy Thanks-pigging”: Zeta is not a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving menu!
- “Jingle Birds: A Holiday Song From The Cast of Angry Birds 2”: Sing along with Rachel Bloom and Jason Sudeikis with a new twist on this holiday classic.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases for this film.
“What Men Want” with Taraji P. Henson on Blu-ray in May
The 2019 romantic comedy “What Men Want“ starring Taraji P. Henson is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 7th, via Paramount. The movie, directed by Adam Shankman, co-stars Aldis Hodge, Richard Roundtree, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Erykah Badu, Max Greenfield, Josh Brener, Pete Davidson, and Tracy Morgan. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and lossless 5.1 audio (presumably in DTS-HD Master Audio). The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available to pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary with director Adam Shankman
- Deleted & Extended Scenes with introduction by director Adam Shankman
- Gag Reel with introduction by director Adam Shankman
- The Dream Team — Meet the wildly funny cast and crew as they take you behind-the-scenes of their comedic hijinks.
- Flipping the Narrative — Discover how What Men Want flips the script on what women must do to succeed in a man’s world.
- What DO Men Want? — Laugh along with the cast and crew as they get one step closer to understanding what’s on men’s minds.
- Poker Night — Pull up a chair for one of the most epic poker nights imaginable.
- Ali + Athletes — Ali Davis (Taraji P. Henson) pulls out all the stops for her clients. Check out some hilarious cameos from superstar athletes.
- Sister Spills the Tea infomercial — You have questions, Sister has the answers! Watch music icon Erykah Badu play the hysterically eccentric psychic as she spills the tea on her mystical powers.
Further below, after the break, you can find more info about this upcoming release.