Tag Archives: Pedro Pascal
The 2018 science fiction film “Prospect“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 29th via distributors Gunpowder & Sky and Vinegar Syndrome. The film, which was written & directed by Christopher Caldwell and Zeek Earl, starred Pedro Pascal, Sophie Thatcher, and Jay Duplass. It’s worth noting, at the time of writing, this film is “Certified Fresh” over on Rotten Tomatoes and available to stream on Netflix. Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 1.90:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come as a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and over at retailer Target. Or, you can get it early directly via Vinegar Syndrome on May 25th if you preorder there. The details about the release, physical extras, and bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- 4K BLU-RAY WITH HDR in a brand new higher bitrate encode (exclusive to this release)
- 2021 Retrospective Interview with Filmmakers Christopher Caldwell and Zeek Earl
- Commentary track with the filmmakers
- “Prospect” – short film version from 2014
- Behind the scenes featurette
- Deleted Scene: Channel Rat
- Deleted Scene: Leroy
- Inside Prospect: Helmets of Prospect
- Inside Prospect: The Drop Pod
- Scene Analysis with Costume Designer Aidan Vitti – Merc Camp
- Scene Analysis with Visual Effects Supervisor Ian Hubert – Dust VFX
- Scene Analysis with Visual Effects Supervisor Ian Hubert – Spaceship VFX
- Scene Analysis with Production Designer Matt Acosta – Cee Pod Interior
- Scene Analysis with Production Designer Matt Acosta – Ezra Arrival
- Theatrical trailer
- Filmmaker teaser trailer
- Multiple spots & bumpers
- Reversible cover artwork
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film.
The 2020 film “Wonder Woman 1984” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 30th via Warner. The film, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 4K presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both are listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 2-film bundle set available on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray including the first film [“Wonder Woman” (2017)] and this film. These 2-film bundle sets will both be exclusive (it appears) to Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases of Wonder Woman 1984 are listed below.
- The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder
- Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever
- Small But Mighty
- Scene Study: The Open Road
- Scene Study: The Mall
- Gal & Krissy Having Fun
- Meet the Amazons
- Black Gold Infomercial
- Gag Reel
- Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix
UPDATE #1: It turns out, as most had both expected and hoped for, that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of this film (pictured below) which you can now find available over there for preorder.
UPDATE #2: It seems that there will be a Blu-ray 3D of the film released here in North America and it’s coming the very same day. You can now find that Blu-ray 3D listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and see its cover art pictured below.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the home video release of this film.
The 2018 Antoine Fuqua directed sequel “The Equalizer 2” starring Denzel Washington is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 11th via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video and Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The two different releases will each come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. The film on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- “Retribution Mode” with Denzel Washington and Director Antoine Fuqua
- 11 Deleted & Extended Scenes
- “Denzel as McCall: Round Two” Featurette
- The Equalizer 2 Pop Up Trivia Track
- “Seconds Till Death: Action Breakdown”
- “Through Antoine’s Lens: The Cast”
- Two NBA Promos
Below, after the break, you can find the cover art for the Blu-ray release.