The 1965 film “In Harm’s Way” is coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 29th via Paramount. This will be the very first time that this film has been released in the Blu-ray format. The widely-popular war drama, directed by Otto Preminger, starred John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal, Tom Tryon, Paula Prentiss, Brandon De Wilde, Jill Haworth, Dana Andrews, Stanley Holloway, Slim Pickens, and Burgess Meredith. The tech specs for the release and bonus materials have not yet been detailed. You can however find the Blu-ray Disc is now listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. Stay tuned for any possible updates on the tech specs and bonus materials for this release.
Tag Archives: Patricia Neal
1957 film “A Face in the Crowd“ starring Andy Griffith is coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 23rd, via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed by Elia Kazan, co-starred Patricia Neal, Anthony Franciosa, Walter Matthau, Lee Remick, Percy Waram, and Paul McGrath. The technical specs for the release include 1080p Black & White video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio that comes from a new 4K scan with Mono uncompressed sound. The release is available for pre-order now over at Amazon and directly through Criterion. Bonus materials and information regarding this release can be found below.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interview with Ron Briley, author of The Ambivalent Legacy of Elia Kazan
- New interview with Andy Griffith biographer Evan Dalton Smith
- Facing the Past, a 2005 documentary featuring actors Andy Griffith, Patricia Neal, and Anthony Franciosa; screenwriter Budd Schulberg; and film scholars Leo Braudy and Jeff Young
- PLUS: An essay by critic April Wolfe and a 1957 New York Times Magazine profile of Andy Griffith
- New cover by Marc Aspinall