Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1997 sequel “Scream 2” seems to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in standard (pictured above) and limited edition “25th anniversary” SteelBook forms on October 4th via Paramount Home Entertainment, according to retailers. The film, directed by Wes Craven, starred Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Jamie Kennedy, Jerry O’Connell, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Joshua Jackson, Timothy Olyphant, Liev Schreiber, Jada Pinkett Smith, Omar Epps, and Heather Graham.
As this title has not yet been officially announced, that I can tell, the tech specs for the 4K releases have not yet been detailed but you can for sure expect a 2160p video presentation with at least HDR10 form of high dynamic range and likely a lossless 5.1 surround sound mix. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray counterpart included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. The bonus materials should include all of the previous extras found on the Blu-ray and perhaps some new content, but no word on that yet. Stay tuned for an update. In the meantime, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) available for preorder over at Amazon. The standard 4K UHD Blu-ray is available for preorder as well over at Amazon but it lacks artwork at the moment.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1992 film “Juice“ will be officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on January 11th, 2022 via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, celebrating its 30th anniversary, directed by Ernest R. Dickerson, starred Omar Epps, Jermaine Hopkins, Khalil Kain, Samuel L. Jackson, Queen Latifah, and the late Tupac Shakur.
The tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and a lossless sound mix. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. Bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Commentary by director Ernest R. Dickerson
- You’ve Got the Juice Now—A look back at the making of the film featuring interviews with director Ernest R. Dickerson, producer David Heyman and actors Omar Epps, Khalil Kain and Jermaine Hopkins. The piece details Dickerson’s struggle to remain true to his original vision, his desire to cast fresh new talent, the challenges of shooting on location in Harlem, and the reasons why the film’s ending was changed.
- The Wrecking Crew—The film’s surviving lead actors talk about how they came to be cast in the film and the bonds they immediately formed with one another. They additionally share stories about Tupac Shakur’s drive, authenticity and unmistakable genius, as well as their delight at getting to work with Samuel L. Jackson, Queen Latifah and Cindy Herron.
- Sip the Juice: The Music—Explores the essential role that music plays in the film. Features vintage interviews with the Shocklee brothers about their score, as well as Erik B, EPMD, and members of Cypress Hill speaking about their contributions to the unforgettable soundtrack and why they chose to be a part of the film.
- Stay in the Scene: The Interview—Vintage interview with the four lead cast members on set. The piece demonstrates their rapport as they discuss the importance of the film and its message.
- Photo Gallery—Unit photographer Adger Cowans’ photos taken on set.
It’s also worth noting that there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) available for the film. UPDATE: the 4K SteelBook can now be found available for preorder over at Amazon and will not be a retailer exclusive.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the 4K physical release of the film.