The 1991 John Singleton directed Academy Award-nominated film “Boyz N The Hood“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 4th via Sony. The film featured a cast of Ice Cube, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Morris Chestnut, Nia Long, Angela Bassett, and Laurence Fishburne. The film has received a new 4K scan from its original camera negative. Tech specs for the release include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound, as well as the archival 5.1 surround sound and theatrical 2.0 Stereo mixes. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included along with a digital code (copy of the film). The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
4K ULTRA HD INCLUDES:
- John Singleton Tribute
- Theatrical Press Conference
- Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- Commentary with Writer/Director John Singleton
- The Enduring Significance of Boyz N the Hood
- Friendly Fire: Making of an Urban Legend
- Deleted Scenes
- Audition Videos Featuring Ice Cube, Angela Bassett, Morris Chestnut and Tyra Ferrell
- Compton’s Most Wanted Music Video “GROWIN’ UP IN THE HOOD”
- Tevin Campbell Music Video “JUST ASK ME TO”
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K release of this film.