Tag Archives: Nathan Fillion
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “The Suicide Squad” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 26th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, written and directed by James Gunn, stars Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, John Cena, Joel Kinnaman, Peter Capaldi, David Dastmalchian, Daniela Melchior, Michael Rooker, Alice Braga, Pete Davidson, Nathan Fillion, Flula Borg, Jai Courtney, Steve Agee, Sean Gunn, and features the voice of Sylvester Stallone.
UPDATED: The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.90:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the same 1.90:1 aspect ratio and with the same Dolby Atmos sound. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
The releases are both going to each come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart. Both will also include a digital code (copy) of the film that is confirmed to be compatible with Movies Anywhere. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- Gotta Love the Squad
- The Way of The Gunn
- It’s a Suicide Mission Scene Breakdown
- My Guns Bigger Than Yours Scene Breakdown
- Harley’s Great Escape Scene Breakdown
- The Fall of Jotunheim Scene Breakdown
- Starro: It’s a Freakin Kaiju!
- Bringing King Shark To Life
- War Movie Retro Trailer
- Horror Movie Retro Trailer
- Buddy-Cop Retro Trailer
- Directors Commentary by Director/Writer James Gunn
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding both the digital and physical releases of this film.
The 2013 Pixar computer-animated film “Monsters University“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 3rd, via Disney, according to retailers. The film, a prequel to “Monsters, Inc.” and directed by Dan Scanlon, featured the voice talents of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Helen Mirren, Sean Hayes, Dave Foley, Charlie Day, Tyler Labine, Nathan Fillion, Aubrey Plaza, and Alfred Molina. Tech specs for the 4K and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for a possible update. It’s very likely the release will come with the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound – but that’s just speculation based on previous releases. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and bonus disc included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for preorder over at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Lastly, it’s worth certainly mentioning that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
The 2018 DC Universe Movie “Reign of the Supermen” is coming to both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on January 29th, 2019 via Warner. The film features the voices of Jerry O’Connell (Superman / Clark Kent), Rebecca Romijn (Lois Lane), Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern / Hal Jordan), Jason O’Mara (Batman / Bruce Wayne), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Christopher Gorham (The Flash), Nyambi Nyambi (Martian Manhunter), Cameron Monaghan (Superboy), Patrick Fabian (Hank Henshaw), and Tony Todd (Darkseid).
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound – likey DTS-HD MA.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lex Luthor: The Greatest Nemesis (Featurette) – Evil Genius. Archenemy of Superman. Misunderstood hero? This documentary will look at one of the most renowned villains in literature and debate his ethics and motivations throughout his publication history and as the calculated anti-hero of Reign of the Supermen. We’ll also explore how Lex Luthor is emblematic of technology without limit, often demonstrating what effect unbridled power, resources, and influence can have on humanity. We’ll discuss the affinity for storytellers to associate Lex Luthor and with the field of science as they challenge our morals and integrity with real world issues such as cloning and what can happen if science fiction became science reality.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five – An entertaining, insightful exciting look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “Heavy Metal”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Panic in the Sky”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for this DC Universe Movie, the Blu-ray cover art, and the official announcement about the upcoming releases.
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.