The 2022 Marvel Studios sequel “Thor: Love and Thunder” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 27th via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Taika Waititi, stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Tessa Thompson, Russell Crowe, Chris Pratt, Jaimie Alexander, Dave Bautista, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, and the director himself (Taika Waititi).
The 4K UHD Blu-ray tech specs include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases will each include a digital code (copy) of the film which is compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases available for preorder now over at Amazon. It is most certainly also worth noting that there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook exclusive to retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder.
- “Hammer-Worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor” – Chris Hemsworth And Natalie Portman Describe How They Became The Unstoppable Thor And Mighty Thor.
- “Shaping A Villain” – Discover Christian Bale’s Process Of Bringing Gorr The God Butcher To Life.
- “Another Classic Taika Adventure” – Follow Taika Waititi’s Unique Filmmaking Journey Once He Took Over The Thor Franchise.
- Audio Commentary – View The Film Director Taika Waititi — And Two Special Guests.
- Gag Reel – Catch Some Fun Outtakes With The Cast And Crew.
- Deleted Scenes
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film.