Tag Archives: Naomie Harris
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 James Bond film “No Time to Die” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 21st via MGM (distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The film, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, starred Daniel Craig (in his final role as “Bond”), Léa Seydoux, Rami Malek, Lashana Lynch, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Jeffrey Wright, and Christoph Waltz. It is most certainly worth noting that this is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes at the time of writing.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and both will come with a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon.
- ANATOMY OF A SCENE: MATERA – In true Bond fashion, there is an incredible pre-credit sequence featured in No Time To Die. A breathless chase shot in Matera that starts on foot, then motorcycle, then car. Not just any car either – the iconic Aston Martin DB5! Through interviews with Daniel Craig and director Cary Joji Fukunaga, plus on-set interviews with key members of the crew, we discover how the filmmakers shot this breathtaking sequence.
- KEEPING IT REAL: THE ACTION OF NO TIME TO DIE – In a world full of CGI-heavy action films, the Bond franchise proudly stands out from the crowd for always shooting practical stunts, without the use of special effects. In this piece we see how No Time To Die continues with this tradition with its amazing action sequences.
- A GLOBAL JOURNEY – Exotic locations are synonymous with all Bond movies and No Time To Die is no different. As well as returning to Bond’s spiritual home, Jamaica, for Daniel Craig’s final outing, we also go on a global journey taking in Italy, Norway and Scotland. We’ll hear from Daniel Craig, Cary Fukunaga, other key cast and filmmakers, on what it was like filming at these spectacular locations.
- DESIGNING BOND – Production designer Mark Tildesley and costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb, along with cast and other filmmakers, discuss the inspiration, challenges and trials of concepting and making such remarkable sets and costumes for the iconic Bond franchise.
- BEING JAMES BOND* – In this special 45-minute retrospective, Daniel Craig candidly reflects on his 15-year adventure as James Bond. Including never-before-seen archival footage from Casino Royale to the 25th film No Time To Die, Craig shares his personal memories in conversation with 007 producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, in the lead up to his final performance as James Bond.
*4K UHD Only
Further below, after the break, you can find the official trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.
The 2021 sequel “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on December 14th, via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, according to multiple retail sources. The film, directed by Andy Serkis, stars Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris, Reid Scott, and Stephen Graham.
UPDATE: This title has been officially announced by the studio [Sony] today (11/18). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart. Each version will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder at Amazon, as well as listed as “coming soon” over at retailer Best Buy, with both currently showing the 12/14 release date. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below), which now is listed as coming soon. It’s not yet a functional preorder listing, but keep checking back.
It’s also most certainly worth noting that retailer Target will be getting an exclusive Fan Art Edition release on Blu-ray (pictured below), which is now available for preorder. This version will include (what appears to be) six collectible cards featuring fan art.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Outtakes & Bloopers
- 6 Deleted Scenes
- Eddie & Venom: The Odd Couple: What happens when two beings inhabit one body? A whole lot of chaos. Tom Hardy, Andy Serkis, and the team of filmmakers talk all things Eddie and Venom.
- Sick and Twisted Cletus Kasady: Imagining this iconic and psychotic comic book villain for screen with Woody Harrelson, director Andy Serkis, and the production team.
- Concept to Carnage: Trace the design and animation of Carnage from comic book image to screen symbiotic.
- Let There Be… Action: Go on the set and experience the action of how Venom: Let There Be Carnage takes shape. From concept to stage, from green screen to film screen, follow the making of the film and see the intense stunts that were captured.
- And more!
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film, a 1-minute glimpse at the special features, and the announcement regarding the home video release.
A “007: The Daniel Craig Collection“ box set is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 22nd via MGM, according to an early retailer alert. The set contains FOUR of the “007” films that starred Daniel Craig (so far). It’s a bit unclear why they’re choosing to reuse the title again, the same as the Blu-ray set (released earlier this year) when another film has been announced and is coming in 2020? Oh well, “hindsight is 20/20” or perhaps 2020 in this case. However, I digress.
This set does include the following films: “Casino Royale” (2006) directed by Martin Campbell, “Quantum of Solace” (2008) directed by Marc Forster, “Skyfall” (2012) and “Spectre” (2015) directed by Sam Mendes. These films co-starred Judi Dench, Eva Green, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffrey Wright, Giancarlo Giannini, Caterina Murino, Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amalric, Gemma Arterton, Javier Bardem, Bérénice Marlohe, Albert Finney, Christoph Waltz, Léa Seydoux, Ralph Fiennes, Monica Bellucci, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, and Dave Bautista. I know that was rather lengthy but well, someone had to give credit to all of these actors and refresh your memory a bit as well.
The release will come as an 8-Disc set “combo pack” with Blu-ray Discs included for each film (likely to also house the original bonus materials) as well as digital code (copy) of each film. Speaking of which, so far there has not been an official announcement (sent to me) regarding this and as a result, we have no info regarding tech specs or if any new extras will be included on this [doubtful]. Stay tuned though, as I will keep this post updated. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Lastly, the release is said to include an “Extended UNRATED” version of the first film featuring Craig (Casino Royale). This has never been featured on the Blu-ray and seems to perhaps be a 4K exclusive? We shall see. Again, stay tuned.
Warner Brothers has officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Brad Peyton directed film “Rampage” (based on the video game of the same title) starring Dwayne Johnson to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on July 17th. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR options of Dolby Vision and HDR10, as well as includes both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound mixes. The Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases include full 1080p in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound as well. All versions will include a digital copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release(s) are listed below:
- Not A Game Anymore – From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.
- Gag Reel – Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.
- Deleted Scenes – Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.
- Rampage – Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.
- Trio of Destruction – Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.
- Attack on Chicago – Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.
- Bringing George to Life – Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.