The 1973 western “High Plains Drifter” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 22nd via KL Studio Classics. The film, directed by Clint Eastwood, also starred Clint Eastwood, as well as Verna Bloom, Marianna Hill, Mitchell Ryan, Jack Ging, Stefan Gierasch, Ted Hartley, and Billy Curtis.
The movie has received a new master from a 4K scan of the original camera negative. The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Mono lossless sound mixes, on a BD-100. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart with the same audio mixes just presented in 1080p HD, on a BD-50 disc. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy and directly via Kino Lorber‘s website. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
- Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
- LADY VENGEANCE: Interview with Actress Marianna Hill
- HELL TO PAY: Interview with Actor Mitchell Ryan
- THE BARBER OF LAGO: Interview with Actor William O’Connell
- A MAN NAMED EASTWOOD: Vintage Promo in HD
- TRAILERS FROM HELL with Josh Olson
- TRAILERS FROM HELL with Edgar Wright
- Poster and Image Gallery
- TV and Radio Spot
- Two Theatrical Trailers