The 2019 live-action Tim Burton directed version of “Dumbo” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 25th via Disney. The film features a cast of Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green, Alan Arkin, and Finley Hobbins.
Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a digital copy of the film (compatible with Movies Anywhere) with both. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both available for pre-order over at Best Buy. UPDATE: the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the releases.
- CIRCUS SPECTACULARS: Dumbo’s cast share their experience of making the film—and get to the heart of a story about family and believing in yourself.
- THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: Explore how one of Disney’s most lovable characters went from an animated classic to a stunning live-action retelling.
- BUILT TO AMAZE: Get a closer look at the film’s production and costume design.
- DELETED SCENES: A compelling collection of scenes that almost made the final film.
- Roustabout Rufus
- Pachyderm Plans
- The Other Medici Brother
- Monkey Business
- A Star Is Born
- Where’s Dumbo
- Elephant Heist
- A Seat at the Show
- EASTER EGGS ON PARADE: Discover the hidden and not-so-hidden nods to the animated Dumbo in this narrated tribute to the Disney classic.
- CLOWNING AROUND: Laugh along with the cast in a collection of big-top bloopers and goofs from the set.
- “BABY MINE”: Visual video performed by Arcade Fire
- DREAMLAND – ANATOMY OF A SCENE: From Final Script to Final Scene: The filmmakers and cast talk a lot about the feeling of “grand intimacy” in the film. Step right up as they bring the Dreamland parade to life, accomplishing the rare marriage of a massive spectacle combined with an emotional tenderness.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases of the film and the announcement trailer on YouTube.
Warner today has officially announced plans to bring the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher directed original four live-action Batman films to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 4th. These films include “Batman“ (1989), “Batman Returns“ (1992), “Batman Forever“ (1995), and “Batman & Robin“ (1997). The films will first get individual releases and then be released in a box set called “Batman Anthology” on 4K a tad bit later in the year (9/17). All four films are said to have been restored after they received new 4K scans of the original camera negatives. Tech specs for the releases will include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound for each film. No further details have yet been announced regarding the releases. They will each include newly remastered versions of the films on Blu-ray Disc and digital copies – likely compatible with Movies Anywhere. The bonus materials will be the same as previously included on Blu-ray for each film.
UPDATE / PRE-ORDERS: You can pre-order the films over at Amazon. Just click on the titles of the films above for links. Best Buy now has these also for pre-order. They only seem to work if you click the yellow “Pre-order” button beside each and will add to your cart. Their individual pages, however, will not load yet – at Best Buy. You can find the Batman Anthology box set already available to pre-order over at Warner’s WBShop. WBShop also has each film available to pre-order and here are the individual links: Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever / Batman & Robin. Lastly, the retailer Barnes & Noble has the box set and all four films available to pre-order as well.