Tag Archives: Michael Gross
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1990 film “Tremors“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Arrow Video, in a Limited Edition box set, as announced today on social media by the distributor. The film, directed by Ron Underwood, starred Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, Reba McEntire, Robert Jayne, Ariana Richards, Victor Wong, Richard Marcus, Tony Genaro, and Charlotte Stewart. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the OAR 1.85:1 (original aspect ratio) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. Sound on the release will be presented in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, restored, as well as 5.1 and 4.0 surround mixes — both in DTS-HD MA. The movie has received a new 4K restoration, that has been approved by the film’s director as quoted below.
“New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski”
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will span across 2 discs, and also include some physical extras pictured above as well as everything is detailed below.
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
Disc 1 extras:
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) extras:
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)”
2020 (made for) Netflix movie “Tremors: Shrieker Island“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 20th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The movie is the latest in the “Tremors” film franchise and was directed by Don Michael Paul. It stars Michael Gross, Jon Heder, Caroline Langrishe, Cassie Clare, Matthew Douglas, Sahajak Boonthanakit, David Asavanond, Jackie Cruz, and Richard Brake. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound, on a BD-50 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it’ll include both a DVD counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- The Monsters of Tremors – Narrated by Burt Gummer himself, this piece gives you everything you ever wanted to know about the world’s most fearsome monsters: Graboids, Shriekers, and Ass Blasters.
- Tremors Top 30 Moments – A lot has happened since we first visited Perfection, Nevada. From the biggest laughs, to the most gruesome kills, to Burt’s greatest “Burtisms,” we relive some of the most classic moments from across the franchise.
- The Legend of Burt Gummer – Throughout all the years of Tremors, one character has been the common thread. Take a deep dive into the iconic character Burt Gummer, led by the actor who made him a legend, Michael Gross.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full information regarding details about this upcoming home video release of the film.