Amazon Commissions Earned
The film “Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone“ will get a 20th Anniversary 8-Film Collector’s Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray box set on November 2nd via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The extravagant box set, being released to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the first (2001) film in the franchise, will be packaged in a replica of the “Hogwart’s Express” train (as pictured above). The 8 films in the franchise set to be included with the set are listed below.
- “Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone” (2001)
- “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” (2002)
- “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” (2004)
- “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” (2005)
- “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” (2007)
- “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” (2009)
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1” (2010)
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” (2011)
The tech specs for the releases should include the previous 2160p video presentations in the original aspect ratios with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X sound for each film. This set will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart in 1080p HD. All of this spanning across a 17-disc set. It’s unclear if a digital copy of each film will be included or not here, yet, but stay tuned for a possible update on that soon. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray Anniversary 8-Film Collector’s Edition set available for preorder now over at Amazon. The bonus materials included with the release are detailed a bit further below, including some physical extras such as a Hogwart’s Express ticket and a 32-page behind-the-scenes collectible booklet.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 biopic “Judy“ starring Renée Zellweger (as actress Judy Garland) is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 24th, via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Rupert Goold, co-stars Finn Wittrock, Rufus Sewell, Jessie Buckley, Michael Gambon, and Bella Ramsey. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital code (copy) of the film both included. UPDATE: You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- “From the Heart: The Making of Judy”
- Judy Image Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full info regarding the announcement of the home video release of this film.
The 2018 James Marsh directed film “King of Thieves“ starring Michael Caine is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Lionsgate. The film co-stars Jim Broadbent, Tom Courtenay, Charlie Cox, Ray Winstone, and Michael Gambon. Tech specs for the release on Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will include a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the Blu-ray already is available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus material set to be included on the release is listed below.
- “King of Thieves: A Bloody Good Idea” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming release.
The 2018 sequel “Johnny English Strikes Again“ starring Rowan Atkinson is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. The film, which was directed by David Kerr, co-stars Ben Miller, Olga Kurylenko, Jake Lacy, Emma Thompson, Adam James, Kevin Eldon, Kendra Mei, and Michael Gambon. The tech specs for Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. The film on Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this release are listed below.
- The Comedy Genius of Rowan Atkinson
- A Cast of Characters
- The Johnny English Legacy
- Virtual Reality Johnny English Style
- The Gadgets
- The Cars
- Locations and Design
- Feature Audio Commentary with Director David Kerr
The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman